Pages

Friday, February 23, 2018

'Southern Serenade'- Black Magic technique

Here is another gorgeous Black Magic technique card.  It makes me think of Spring!  Don't you love it!  I think it turned out really pretty!

It is hard to see- but if you look closely at the Real Red card stock, I shadow stamped (using the Real Red ink pad) the lace stamp.  It is really pretty in person! 

How did I do it?
  • I rubbed the Embossing Buddy over a strip of Basic Black card stock.
  • I stamped the flower image onto it, using the Versamark ink pad.
  • I dumped White Embossing Powder over it, tapping off the excess.
  • I heat set the Embossing Powder, using the Heat Tool.
  • I colored over the White embossed flower using these Stampin' Blends- Dark Cherry Cobbler, Dark Old Olive, Dark Daffodil Delight.

stamp set:  'Southern Serenade'
card stock:  Real Red, Basic Black, Old Olive
ink:  Versamark pad, Archival Basic Black, Real Red
Stampin' Blends:  Dark Cherry Cobbler, Dark Daffodil Delight, Dark Old Olive
other:  White Perfect Accents (colored with a Black Sharpie), 1 1/2" Circle Punch, White Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Dimensionals
+++++++
Last night I burnt the midnight oil getting things ready for this weekend stamp classes.  I have a big group coming to stamp with me tonight & tomorrow morning!  I sure how that Mother-Nature is good to us.  I have my fingers crossed. 

I'm up early this morning to walk & will then spend my day with the 3 little ones.  When they leave tonight I'll be hurrying to get tables/chairs & things all set up & ready for my stampers!

Gotta run.......
I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

2 comments: