Pages

Monday, February 19, 2018

A slider/pull out bithday card- TUTORIAL!

Check it out!!  I made a fun slider/pull out birthday card!! 

Want another great idea to use your Barn Door framelit with?  Read on.......

The first time I saw the Barn Door framelit I knew I wanted to make a slider card with it.  I finally had time to play with it & make this card last night.  I think it turned out super cute!!  What do you think?

How did I do it?
I have some photos & steps for you to see below-
#1- Cut out the window, using the Barn Door Framelit.  
NOTE:  The window is about 1 3/4" from the bottom.  Whisper White card stock- 4 1/2 x 3 3/4"
#2- This is what it looks like when you get the slider hole cut out.
#3- Make a "track", using the adhesive strips on each side of the slider window.  
NOTE:  Be sure you slide your piece of card stock into it first (Whisper White slider piece measures- 4 1/2 x 1 1/4"), so that you have it tight, but not rubbing. 
#4-I added a little 'stop to the one end, using another adhesive strip, so that pull out strip couldn't go all of the way through.  
#5- Be sure you rub the embossing buddy on the inside edges of the adhesive strip so that your paper slide out doesn't stick to it. 
#6- Attach the window piece to the front of the card.  It will look like this. 
#7- Using my Paper Snips, I fussy cut a bow out of the Picture Perfect Party DSP.  COOL HUH!
#8- Adhere a piece of Picture Perfect Party DSP to the bottom edge of the card front- 4 1/2 x 1 1/4".

#9- Slid in the pull out strip- between the adhesive track that you made. 
NOTE:  If you want to stamp words onto it- do that first, so that you'll get a good stamped image on it. 
I used the Bermuda Bay marker on the words- 'to you' to add to the pull out strip!

#10- Add a short piece of the adhesive strip to it the Whisper White pull our strip.  

#11- Use the Tailored Tag punch & adhered it to the adhesive strip that inside the window track.  
Below is what it looks like when it is stuck onto the adhesive strip
#12- Add another strip of Pool Party card stock- 4 1/2 x 1 1/4", to the front of the card by using an adhesive strip.  This is to hide the window. 
NOTE:  I only put the adhesive strip along the bottom edge of this piece of card stock, as you want the top to be free, so that it is hiding the window, but allowing it to move freely!

#13- This is what it looks like when you put the Pool Party strip on & have your pull out piece inside the track. 
#14- Add a dimensional to the top point of the Tailored Tag punch. 
NOTE:  Be sure that it isn't touching the Pool Party card stock piece. 
#15- Stick the bow onto the dimensional & finished decorating the card front.
#16- The card is finished!  
Check out this cute card when it is pulled out!
Isn't it cute!!  And it was so much fun to make!  I'm sending it to a special friend for her birthday!  I hope she likes it!

stamp set:  'Picture Perfect Birthday'
card stock:  
  • Pool Party- 4 1/4 x 11; 4 1/2 x 1 1/4" ; 1 3/4" strip- stamp words on & cut out with Stitched Framelits
  • Whisper White- 4 1/2 x 3 3/4"; 4 1/2x 1 1/4"- pull out piece; 2 1/4" strip- punch out Tailored Tag Punch
  • Rich Razzleberry- 4 3/4 x 4"
  • Myths & Magic Glimmer (Bermuda Bay)- 4 1/2 x 1/2"
designer paper:
  • 4 1/2 x 1 1/4"
  • Bow DSP images= Fussy cut one out with our Paper Snips
ink:  Bermuda Bay
Stampin Write Marker:  Bermuda Bay
other:  Paper Snips, Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Stitched Framelits, Tailored Tag Punch, Dimensionals, Adhesive Strip

If you have any questions- don't hesitate to contact me! 
+++++++++
Wow- I've had a busy weekend of bookwork- getting things ready for our CPA to do our taxes.  I have our farm, my daycare & my stamping stuff to get ready.  I can honestly say I'm tired of looking at numbers, but jumping with joy that I have it ready to take to her!

I'm up early to walk & then head to the CPA's.  I hope to make a quick delivery to a customers home & run to Walmart.  I have the day off & plan to spend it cleaning up stampin' stuff & getting ready for my classes I have this weekend!  

I hope you have a MARVELOUS Monday on this Presidents' Day.

Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment