Pages

Saturday, February 17, 2018

'Petal Palette'- spotlighting


Here is a beautiful "spotlighting technique" card.  

My downline Dawn Keline shared a card similar to this one at our team meeting in January.  The Petal Passion Designer Paper that I used here just works perfectly for doing this cool technique.

The "spotlighting technique" is often done on a collage stamped card.  And this Petal Passions Designer Paper is the perfect collage images.  

How did I do this?
  • I punched a circle out of this Petal Passion Designer Paper using the 2" Circle Punch.  
  • I colored the flowers in the punched out circle using the Stampin' Blends. 
  • I added the Wink of Stella over the top of the colored flowers.
  • I punched a Black Circle to layer behind the colored flowers using the 2 1/4" Circle Punch.  
  • Using dimensionals I put the layered flower circle back over the top of the piece that I punched out. 
Isn't it just so clean, simple & pretty!!  
 
stamp set:  'Petal Palette'
card stock:  Calypso Coral, Basic Black, Whisper White
designer paper:  Petal Passion DSP
ink:  Archival Basic Black
Stampin' Blends:  Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Pink Pirouette
other:  2" Circle Punch, 2 1/4" Circle Punch, Dimensionals
++++++++
This morning Deke is up early to chore & head to the courthouse for a meeting.  I'm up early to walk & then headed to town to run some errands.  I'm then going to hide the rest of the weekend, working on tax stuff that I have to get done.  

I hope you have a SENSATIONAL Saturday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE


No comments:

Post a Comment