Pages

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

A fall 'Painted Harvest'


This is a pretty fall card using the 'Painted Harvest' stamp set.  My inspiration for this card came from my dear stampin' friend- LeeAnn Greff.  We share & stamp together alot from afar thanks to texting & emails. 

I used the colors- Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze & Soft Suede.  They are oh so pretty together!!

Check out how I did the scalloped layer behind the 2" Circle punch.  This is something that I discovered a few years ago & shared on one of my swaps on a SU! trip.  I have done this layering before on a few other cards over the years posted on my blog, that I've done at stamp classes too.  I love that is gives a different look. 

How did I do it?
  •  2x 2 3/4" piece of card stock stock.
  • Punch both ends with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch
  • There will be the little notches from the Tag Topper, but the circle will cover it up!
I did a quick search on my blog & found a few.......You can see some of my other cards that I layered this way by clicking on the links below-
http://stampwithsusie.blogspot.com/2016/06/oh-happy-day.html
http://stampwithsusie.blogspot.com/2016/06/yay-its-confetti-celebration.html
http://stampwithsusie.blogspot.com/2016/06/it-is-happy-day.html
stamp set:  'Painted Harvest'
card stock:  Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Whisper White
ink:  Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze
other:  Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Banner Triple Punch, 2" Circle Punch, Jute Twine, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

+++++++
Last night was a busy night trying to get alot done before I head out.  

This morning I'm off to take the boys to school & spend part of my day with Trey.  (Sarah's grandma is coming to stay with their kids the rest of this week since I'll be gone.)  Deke is off early to chore & then he is headed to Mt. Pleasant for a meeting.  When he gets home from there I'm headed to the airport & he'll keep Trey the rest of the afternoon.  They'll be outside working- picking our corn!   

I plan to post on my blog each day while I'm in Salt Lake City, Utah, as long as all goes ok & we have internet in the hotel.  

I'm so looking forward to seeing many of my demonstrator friends from afar.  And I'm excited about spending time with my team- Lynda, Cindy & Lorraine- who are going with me!! We are meeting each other at the airport & spending the next 5 days/nights together.  
 
I can't wait to see what fun new things Stampin' Up! has in store to share with us.  I'll be excited to get home & share with all of you in the coming months.

I've gotta run......
I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!
Happy Stamping!
hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment