Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

WOW- 'Dragonfly Dreams'!

OH my gosh....I just LOVE how this card turned out!!  It is a clean & simple layout, but oh so elegant!  

Wow- the more I play with this 'Dragonfly Dreams' stamp set the more I am in love with it!  This is a card that I created a couple of weeks ago for a workshop & then everyone at my team meeting made it last weekend too!

It is just stunning & sparkles in person! 
stamp set:  'Dragonfly Dreams'
card stock:  Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, Shimmery White
ink:  Archival Basic Black
other:  Watercolor Pencils, Aqua Painters, Clear Wink of Stella, Dimensionals

Here are the measurements I used when I created this card:
  • Daffodil Delight- 4 1/4 x 11; 3 x 3 3/4 
  • Bermuda Bay- 5 1/2 x 2; 3 1/4 x 4
  •  Shimmery White- 2 3/4 x 3 1/2




Here is a close up photo of it all colored!  OH my gosh......Check out how is glimmers!
These are all beautiful & they are all a little different too!  It depends on how heavy you put on the watercolor pencils & how much water you add &  blend with the aqua painters......as that is what determines your end results!

How did I do that?
1.  Stamp Dragonfly using Archival Basic Black ink onto Shimmery White CS.
2.  Add little circles onto the wings, using different colors of the Watercolor Pencils.  

Here I used the colors- Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay & Daffodil Delight.
3.  Using the Aqua Painter filled with water, I went in circular motions & blended the dots on the wings, making sure there were no bare spots.
4.  I then added the Clear Wink of Stella over all of it, so that the wings are completely covered & have the glimmer!

 +++++
I am off this morning to pick up all of my boys for the day!  And then tonight I'll be helping Deke work on the farm! 

I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment