Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Stampin' Up- 'Flourishing Phrases'

Wow!  At the SU! event I went to last weekend in Illinois, I learned a new technique that I'd never done before!!  It is called Smack Down!  So I tried it on this card!  And I think it turned out pretty cool! 
In our hotel rooms last Saturday night we stamped!  We all brought shoe box swaps for each other to make cards all night.  These are the pieces of cardstock that Sally brought for one of her swaps.  So Dawn & I decided to try the new technique we had just learned by playing with it on this card that I made.  It is just really cool!  I can't wait to play with it some more & see what other looks I get using different stamp sets & colors! 

stamp set:  'Flourishing Phrases'
card stock:  Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
ink:  Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray & Old Olive
other:  Big Shot, New Platform, Precision Plate, Flourishes Framelits, Classic Label Punch, Fine Tip Glue Pen, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Basic Pearls
Here is a photo of us stamping at the SU! event.  Dawn, Christy, Sally, Sharon's downline, Sharon & Lynda!  We had a great weekend together!!
+++++
Yesterday was a busy day with Masen.  Gosh....he is on the go!  Last night when he left I worked on bookwork until Deke got in around 9:00.  By the time we were done with supper & my dishes were done I was beat!!  We watched the movie- Count of Monte Cristo.  It was filmed in Marseille, France.  On our trip in May Deke & I went out to the Chateau d'lf island for a tour of that prison.  It was amazing to watch the movie as we recognized alot of things.  

Here are some photos we took while on that tour......we took a long boat ride out to this island prison.







This was a great tour & we really enjoyed the history & the beauty of things there....although there was much remorse & sadness to think of things that happened there too. 
 +++++++
Deke is off early to chore this morning & head to the courthouse for the morning.  Nathan has an early meeting, so Masen will be here soon.  And the 3 Seeley boys will be here too today!

Tonight we are going to Nathan & Sarah's & help them pack!  

I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment