Pages

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Ready to Ride DSP

Check out these 2 cards.
Which do you like better?
THIS- the motorcycle?
OR
THAT- the old car?
 
Are you coming to stamp with me at one of my monthly 
April stamp classes?
If you are- then you'll get to make one of these cards.
Which one are you going to choose to make?
How did I do that?
Notice how I wanted the lines on the embossing folder 
so that it was like the same angle that the DSP was cut at.
  • I slid the Basic Gray CS into the embossing folder.
  • I laid the DSP on the outside of the embossing folder where I wanted it- by following the lines/pattern on the outside of the embossing folder.
  • I diagonally turned the Basic Gray CS so that it was lined up with the angle of the DSP & lines in the embossing folder pattern.  SEE PHOTO ABOVE.
  • Using a Black Sharpie marker I made little corner marks directly on my embossing folder.  This way when I was mass producing for my classes I could easily find the same spot that I wanted the CS in each time without having to measure it.
  • When I'm done with my classes this month I will use a Mr. Eraser & remove the Black Sharpie marks on my embossing folder!
This old car is from the 
#159071-He's All That= $22.00
I die cut the words using the 
#159182- Cracker & Treat Box Dies- $36.00.
Here are the supplies & measurements.
stamp sets: 
  • 'Legendary Ride' (motorcycle)
  • 'He's All That' (Car)
  • 'Vintage Tools' (words)- RETIRING!
card stock:
  • Basic Gray- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4" & fold in half for card base
  • Basic Gray- 3 1/2 x 4 1/2"- emboss with Metal Plate 3D Embossing Folder
  • Basic Black- 3 3/4 x 5"
  • Basic Black- 1 3/4 x 2 3/4"
  • Basic Black- 1/2 x 3 1/2"
  • Basic White- 2 3/4" strip- die cut rectangle & stamp motorcycle or old car onto
  • Basic White-3/4" strip- stamp words onto & die cut
  • Basic White- 3 1/2 x 4 3/4"- for inside of card
designer paper:  Ready to Ride DSP- RETIRING!
  • 3 x 4"- diagonally cut from corner to corner
ink:  Memento
other:  Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine; Metal Plate 3D Embossing Folder; All That Dies; Cracker & Treat Box Dies; Adhesive Back Studs- RETIRING!; dimensionals
 
I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment