Pages

Saturday, April 15, 2023

Playing in the Rain Bundle

THIS OR THAT?
Which do you like better?
THIS- the turtle?
or 
THAT- the fox? 

We are suppose to have rain all weekend!
So I thought today was a great day to share this cute card.
 "Rainy days are better with you!"
 
As this is one of the cards everyone stamping with me at my 
April monthly classes will be making. 
And yes- you get to choose what 'critter' you want to add to the front of your card.
There are several different cute critters you can choose from,
as the stamp set & DSP both have lots of cute ones!

Check out how I added the DSP panels, as I was trying to maximize my DSP.
How did I do it? 
I used Tear & Tape & added the Vellum words first, by taping them to the back side.

Then I added the 3 DSP panels.
LOOK how I cut 3 different sized pieces to fit into the rectangles. 
As I cut a piece of 3 x 4" DSP & then cut 
that piece at- 1 1/2", 1" & 1 1/2".
I used Tear & Tape & attached these 3 pieces of DSP to the backside of the die cut.
 Notice how the center one is not quite long enough....but no worries!
As I punched out a cloud & I'll put the cloud over this hole, where the DSP is too short!
See, the cloud covered the hole perfectly!!!! 
 I maximized my DSP so that I could get as many pieces as possible for my classes.
 
WOW!
Check out the inside of the card!
This is a fun explosion card & the center pops up when you open it!
I have done this at classes many times over the years & it is always so fun!
Here is the pattern that shows how to fold the DSP.
6x6"- fold in half, turn & fold in half again, then fold diagonally.
Pinch the corners & fold flat so that it looks like this.  
When it is folded it is a diamond.
Here are the measurements & supplies.
stamp set:   ''Playing in the Rain'
card stock:
  • Thick Basic White- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4" & fold in half for card base
  • Balmy Blue- 4 x 5 1/4"- die cut with Picture This Dies, then emboss with the Raindrops Embossing Folder
  • Basic White- 2" strip- punch out cloud
  • Basic White- 1 1/2" strip- stamp flowers & die cut
  • Vellum- 1 x 3"- stamp words onto using Stazon ink
designer paper:   
Rain or Shine DSP- RETIRING!  NOW SOLD OUT  
  • Critters Die cut or fussy cut from DSP
  • Raindrop DSP cut into strips 1 1/2 x 3"; 1 x 3" & 1 1/2 x 3"
Country Gingham DSP- RETIRING!
  • 6 x 6"- fold for pop up "explosion" inside piece- see pattern above
ink:  
  • Memento- stamp flowers & inside words
  • Stazon- stamp words onto Vellum
Stampin' Blends:   Light Pumpkin Pie, Light Old Olive
other:  Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine; Rain Drops Embossing Folder; Playing in the Rain Dies; Picture This Dies- RETIRING!; Iridescent Rhinestones; Cloud Punch; Wink of Stella; dimensionals; Tear & Tape

Thank you for stopping by!  
I post something new each day so be sure you stop back by again!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment