Pages

Monday, January 31, 2022

White Wash technique

 I did the White Wash technique on this card!
Isn't it just gorgeous!!
And it is so easy to do!
 
I used used a hostess exclusive set called- 'Calming Camellia'.
This 'Calming Camellia' stamp set is shown 
on page 17 in the 2022 Sale-a-bration Mini Catalog.
Wow- All hostess orders of at least $300 get this stamp set for FREE.
 
This 'Calming Camellia' stamp set is a dis'ink'tive style stamp.
That means it is patented by Stampin' Up!
This style of stamps give you the light & dark shading naturally
by only inking your stamp one time & stamping it!
Cool huh!
I used my Whisper White Craft Ink Pad & a Blender Pen to 
color over the top of these stamped flowers.
NOTES:  Be careful doing this technique so that you don't ruin your Whisper White Craft Ink Pad.
  • I found that a little ink & a fluid is better than too much.   As the Whisper White Craft ink dries, it will lighten if you didn't add it on too thick. I just lightly dabbed my blender pen directly into the corner of my Whisper White Craft Ink Pad to pick up the white ink.
  • I stamped my flowers/leaves using the Rich Razzleberry Classic Ink directly onto the RichRazzleberry card stock- creating a tone on tone look.  Classic ink color will pick up on the tip of your Blender Pen.  So the corner of my Whisper White Craft ink pad where I picked up the white ink did end up a little light purple/pinkish in color.  So when I was all done coloring my flower,  I blotted that spot that was on my Whisper White Craft ink pad with a paper towel to remove the purple/pinkish color/ink that was on it.   I then re-inked that spot with the Whisper White Craft Ink.
  • I suggest that IF you have an un-inked stampin spot, I suggest maybe you should ink it up with the Whisper White Craft Ink & use it instead of your big Whisper White Craft ink pad.
Here are the supplies & measurements.
stamp set:  'Calming Camellia'
card stock:
  • Rich Razzleberry- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4"- fold in half for card base
  • Rich Razzleberry- 3 1/4 x 3 1/2"- stamp flowers/leaves onto
  • Blackberry Bliss- 3 1/2 x 3 3/4"
  • Blackberry Bliss- 1 1/4" strip- punch out leaves
  • Fresh Freesia-  1 1/4 x 5 1/2"- stamp words onto right edge of this
  • Fresh Freesia- 1" strip- punch out little flower like stem
  • Basic White- 4 x 5 1/4"- for inside of card
inks:  Rich Razzleberry Classic Ink & Whisper White Craft Ink
other:  Bough Punch; Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon; Polished Dots; Detailed Trio Punch; dimensionals; glue dots
 
I hope you have a MARVELOUS Monday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment