Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

We are here & here is my convention swap!!!

HI!
Wahoo.........Dawn & I are in Salt Lake City, Utah.   We had a little bit of a rough ride coming through a storm to get here yesterday afternoon.  But our plane flights were on time & we made it safely.

I sat by a very sweet 17 year old girl on the plane from Denver to Salt Lake City.  She lives in Riverton, Utah- right by the Stampin' UP! distribution center.  We had a very nice visit!!  I had planned to sleep......but I talked instead.....imagine that!

As soon as we got to our hotel we called Lynda & Hannah & went out for supper with them.  It was pouring down rain, so we called a cab, but after a half hour of waiting & he wasn't here yet we decided to walk.  We had Mexican food & it was yummy.  Dawn & I were both starving as we hadn't eaten much all day.

Today we are going to do some site-seeing.  Rory came in late last night so we will connect with her, eat some breakfast & then we are not sure where we are headed.  It is a beautiful city with lots to see so I'm sure we will find plenty to do.

Tomorrow will be convention registration & our Riverton Distribution Center tour.  And the CONVENTION FUN BEGINS!!

Today I wanted to show you my general convention swap.  I made 100 of these (with Nicole's help).  I so LOVE this new set- 'Scentational Season'.  This card is very basic, but would make a great workshop card.......but just think of ALL of the possibilities you could do to step this card up.  You could sponge around it, use the mug framelit to cut it out, add glitter, etc.....my wheels are turning.....maybe I'll have to try making a stepped up card when I get home & post that for you.
'Scentational Season' & 'Made for You'
cs:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Naturals Ivory
Neutrals Designer Paper stack 
ink:  Early Espresso
supplies:  Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots folder, Basic Pearls, dimensionals

Be sure to check back tomorrow sometime.  I am not sure when I'll get a post done.  Sometime- promise!  It may be LATE.  Remember- we are on Mountain Time Zone here.......

Have a great day!
Happy Stamping!
ENJOY!
SUSIE

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made it safely Susie! Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susie, I was one of the girls lucky enough to receive one of your cards from convention. I love it... just wondering what did you use for the pretty sparkles? It is so elegant and I can't wait to do make it for a workshop.
    hugs
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the Champagne Shimmer Mist. Mixed it with rubbing alcohol, put it into spritzer & sprayed it on!! Beautiful isn't it!!

      Delete