Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

'Everything Eleanor' with bleach-


HI!
Today I'm off to Hiawatha for a workshop there!  
Cathy & Judy are my co-hostesses & they have alot of gals joining us!! 
I'm looking forward to sharing my love of stamping with everyone.
There are going to be some new gals joining us.
I can't wait!

This pretty card is one that they will get to stamp today!  
It is so me.....my colors......my style......I love it!
I had to smile- as this is one of the cards that I did at my workshop last Sunday too.
Deb commented as she was making this card that it looked 
like a something that you'd see at Younkers or Dillards!  
I "think" that meant that it was elegant!
I know she really liked it!

Note the lighter color of stamping on this card.
It is done with bleach.
I just made a "bleach stamping pad" out of a folded paper towel- with a pie plate 
under it so that no bleach would leak out of it.
Be sure to clean your stamps good with Stampin' Mist after you use bleach so that it conditions them & it doesn't damage or dry out the rubber.
ALSO- bleach is different colors on different card stock- so always test your card stock before you assume that it will match.
Different brand names of bleach, age of bleach & different die lots of card stock all can effect the outcome of the color when you are using bleach.

Don't you love the metal tag too!
The tag is made out of a light weight aluminum flashing that I bought at a hardware store.
It comes in a big roll of different widths & weights.
The tag was cut with the Big Shot & one of the framelits from the Labels Collection.
You do have to punch the cut image out of the flashing- but it does work.
You "might" have to use a card stock shim on top of our clear cutting plate- as all Big Shots do not cut the same- so just experiment.
And the flashing is sharp- so be careful to not cut yourself.

'Everything Eleanor' & 'So Sorry'
cs:  Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
ink: Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight
supplies:  Crumb Cake Seam Binding ribbon, Big Shot, Labels Collection Framelits, sponge, dimensionals, glue dot

Have a great day!
ENJOY!
Happy Stamping!
SUSIE

1 comment:

  1. I love this card too! I cannot believe the pretty yellow the Crumb Cake card stock turned with the Bleach! Gorgeous card and colors my friend.

    ReplyDelete