Pages

Monday, December 18, 2023

Beary Christmas

Here are a couple of fun bear birthday cards I made.
Check them out!!
I think that they are both adorable & love the way the turned out! 
What do you think??

Notice how I punched a hole out of my card front & made a window!
Cool huh!

How did I do it?
I used the NEW #162888- Heartfelt Hexagon Punch= $22.00
(available now, but shown in the NEW Spring Mini Catalog on pg. 12)
 1.  Punch a hole out of the card front.
2.  Punch out 3-4 pieces of DSP.
3.  Adhere the DSP Hexagon pieces to the card front.
4.  Turn the card over & carefully cut off of the hexagon pieces that are hanging over the edge, using your scissors.
5.  Emboss the card front using the #162026- Snowflake Sky 3D Embossing Folder= $11.00
6.  Fussy cut the bear out of the DSP with scissors & adhere him to the bottom edge of the card.
7.  Add snowflakes.
 
#162129- Adhesive- Backed Snowflake Assortment- OnLine Exclusive= $8.00
This is what the card looks like opened up.
 
NOTICE how I punched out the words & pushed them thru the hexagon hole on the 
card front when adhering them to the inside of the card- 
so that they fit perfectly in the window.

And yes- I used both Basic White CS & Very Vanilla CS on this card, 
as this DSP had both of these colors in it & I wanted the contrast. 
I covered the back flap of my envelope with some left over DSP
that measures approximately 2 3/8 x 5 7/8".
I adhered the DSP to the envelope flap & then cut off the excess
using my scissors.
 
Here are the measurements & supplies.
stamp set:  #162312- Throughout the Year= $24.00- HC pg. 61 carrying over
card stock:
  • Balmy Blue- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4" & fold for card base
  • Very Vanilla- 2 1/2" strip- stamp words & punch out with Heartfelt Hexagon Punch
  • Basic White- 4 x 5 1/4"- for inside of card
designer paper:  #162015- Beary Christmas DSP= $12.50 HC pg. 23 RETIRING SOON!
  • 2 1/4" strip (x4) punch out with Heartfelt Hexagon Punch
  • 2 3/8 x 5 7/8" for back flap of envelope
ink:  Night of Navy
other:  Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine; Snowflake Sky 3D Embossing Folder; Paper Snips; dimensionals
OnLine Exclusive:  Adhesive-Backed Snowflakes
 
I hope you have a MARVELOUS Monday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment