Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2022

It is SIMPLE Saturday!

It is SIMPLE Saturday.......
Here is a great guy card!
I used the ducks from the 'Stylish Sketches' stamp set.
 
This 'Stylish Sketches' stamp set is a SALE-a-bration choice
that you can get thru 8/31/22 (or while supplies last)
for FREE with a product order for $50.00
AND
I also used the Rings of Love DSP that is a SALE-a-bration choice
that you can get thru 8/31/22 (or while supplies last)
for FREE with a product order for $50.00
Here are different ways I stamped/colored the ducks.
#1- stamped in Stazon On Ink- which is the preferred ink when coloring with water. 
#2- stamped using Soft Suede ink onto Basic White card stock, added Watercolor Pencils & blended using Blender Pens.  This Basic White card stock is not the best choice when using water.  As the Watercolor Pencils don't blend well on it & if you get it too wet then it mucks up your image.
#3- stamped using Soft Suede ink onto Shimmery White card stock, added Watercolor Pencils & blended using Blender Pens.  This would be my preferred choice, but this has a vanilla look to it & I didn't think it looked well with the white in the DSP I used on this card.
#4- stamped using Soft Suede ink onto THICK Basic White card stock, added Watercolor Pencils & blended LIGHTLY using Blender Pens.  This is what I used on my card shown on today's post.

I didn't use the Stazon ink on my card today, as I was coloring with the Blends Pens & was careful to not blend too much with them.  
IF I had been using the Water Painters to blend the Watercolor Pencils with I would have needed to the Stazon ink or my image would have gotten very blurry & messy!
This is what my ducks looked like when I added the Watercolor Pencils to them.
Notice that I didn't color the image in totally- 
just kind of scribbled the pencil colors onto the images. 
This is what it looks like after I have blended the colors with the Blends Pen!
 
Notice how I embossed with the Tree Rings Embossing Folder
onto the Crumb Cake card stock for the card front.
 
Here are the supplies & measurements.
stamp sets:  
  • 'Stylish Sketches'- SALE-a-bration choice- FREE with a $50 product order thru 8/31/22 or while supplies last
  • 'Wildlife Wonder' (words)
card stock:
  • Soft Suede- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4" & fold in half for card base
  • Soft Suede- 3 1/4 x 4"
  • Soft Suede- 1 1/4 x 5 1/2"- stamp words onto left side of this & add Rustic Metallic Dots
  • Soft Suede- 2 3/4" strip- die cut circle
  • Crumb Cake- 4 x 5 1/4"- emboss with Tree Ring Embossing Folder
  • Thick Basic White- 2 1/2" strip- stamp ducks & die cut with circle
  • Basic White- 4 x 5 1/4"- for inside of card
designer paper:  Rings of Love DSP- SALE-a-bration choice- FREE with a $50 product order thru 8/31/22 or while supplies last
ink:  Soft Suede
other:  Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine; Layering Circle Dies; Tree Rings Embossing Folder; Watercolor Pencils; Blender Pens; dimensionals; Rustic Metallic Adhesive Backed Dots
 
I hope you have a SPECIAL Saturday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment