Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

So Sentimental

This is one of the neatest bundles in the Mini Catalog!  It is on page 20.  Check it out!  It is called- 'So Sentimental' Bundle.......which includes an awesome word stamp set & an amazing die set that coordinates with it!  

The words & the die that I used on this card, are both products included in this 'So Sentimental' Bundle!  WOW huh!  

On one of my demonstrator FB pages, Stampin' Up! did a color challenge!  Here are the 3 colors that they posted & challenged us to create with.
Night of Navy, Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie

So I can honestly say......
  • I wouldn't probably have ever put these 3 colors together.  
  • I can honestly say that I whipped this card up in a matter of minutes.
  • I can honestly say that I love the way it turned out!  
  • And I can honestly say I'm so glad that someone challenged me to use something that is totally out of my normal & my comfort zone.
So what do you think of it?  I think it is a totally Susie card (other than the colors)!! 

Did you notice the center of my Daisy?  Yup.......I actually used one medium pearl in the center of it & 8 little pearls around it!  But it is soooo pretty!  Especially in person!

When I got the challenge, I grabbed the 3 colors of card stock from my shelf & my container of 6x6 Designer Paper.  The Night of Navy ink pad, Whisper White card stock, stamp set, die, pearls, ribbon, Daisy Punch & Leaf Punch- were all items laying on my counter.....so they are what I used!  

NOTE:  Why did I have these products laying out on my counter?  Well some of them I had just used for the card I posted on yesterdays blog post!  You can check it out by CLICKING HERE! 

stamp set:  'So Sentimental'
card stock:
  • Night of Navy- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4"- fold in half for card base; 3 5/8 x 2 1/2"
  • Pear Pizzazz- 3 1/4 x 4 1/4"; 2" strip- punch out with leaf punch
  • Pumpkin Pie- 3 x 4 1/4"; 3/4" strip- punch out 1/2" Circle Punch
  • Whisper White- 2 3/4" strip- stamp words & cut out with die; 4 x 5 1/4"- for inside of card
designer paper:  Regals Collection DSP- 4 1/4 x 1/2"; 4 1/4 x 1/2"; 2" strip- punch out 2 Daisies
ink:  Night of Navy
other:  Big Shot; Magnetic Platform; Stitched So Sweetly; Medium Daisy Punch; Leaf Punch; Denim Ribbon; Basic Pearls; 1/2" Circle Punch; dimensionals; Glue Dots

I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

5 comments:

  1. Good Morning Susie, Great card, I am getting used to the colors. Not to bad, but very bright. Not that it is a bad thing. Love your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty color combo!! I wouldn't have thought to use them together either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! I am glad you like it too! Happy Stamping!!

      Delete