Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter Blessing!

Happy Easter!!
Sending many blessings to each of you on this blessed Easter day!  

It is such a different Easter than normal with this distancing.
It is sad that we can't be with our church families & families, 
to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus from the tomb.   
Thank goodness for technology, that we can listen to church services on the radio, tv or face book!
stamp set:  'Easter Promise'
card stock:
  • Thick Whisper White- 4 1/4 x 11"- score at 5 1/2"- fold in half for card base
  • Gorgeous Grape- 1 1/2" strip- die cut narrow stitched Rectangle; 4 1/4'- die cut large Stitched Rectangel
  • Whisper White- 4 x 5 1/4"- for inside of card; 2 3/4" strip- stamp words onto & die cut out with the Stitched Oval Die; 1 1/2" strip- stamp cross onto 2 different times.  Die cut one out & layer over the top of the other cross.  Then fussy cut out with your scissors. 
designer paper:  Best Dressed 6x6 DSP- 3 1/4" strip- die cut with Stitched Rectangle
ink:  Gorgeous Grape
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Cross of Hope Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies; Stitched Shapes- large oval; Basic Pearl, Glue Dot, Dimensionals, Mini Dimensionals, Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon
 NOTE:  Check out the great 'Cross of Hope' Dies on page 192 in the Annual Catalog! 

How did I do it?
Look at what I did with the stitched rectangle.....I die cut it out!
And then I cut it in half with my scissors.  Adhered it to the center of the card, wrapped ribbon around it and then adhered the Stitched Oval 'Happy Easter' words over it.
Look at the cross.  It has lots of layers to it!
  • I stamped the cross & die cut it out.  This die cuts these two images at one time!  
  • I then stamped the cross again & adhered these 2 die cut images over the top of it.
  • See what it looks like when I got it layered!  I adhered the outside cross die with snail adhesives, directly onto the stamped cross.  I then cut mini dimensionals in half & attached them to the center of the stamped cross.
  • I then took my scissors & fussy cut out around the cross/vine/leaves image.
  • And then used mini dimensionals on the back side of the cross & stuck it onto the card front- in the upper right corner of the Happy Easter wording.  
Have a SPECIAL Sunday!
Blessings-
SUSIE 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you and your family, Susie! You are so right...this is such a different Easter and I can only hope that this is not going to be the "new" normal. Have a Blessed Easter...Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! Happy Easter to you too!!! HUGS!

      Delete
  2. Is there a video for this awesome card? Nice to see an Easter card with a cross on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Glad you like it. No, sorry I don't do videos. I have the photos. You stamp the cross image 2 times. You cut one of them out with the die. The die makes the 2 separate pieces. You glue the outer cross image directly over the other stamped cross. You add mini dimensionals (cut in half) & pop up the center cross pieces- directly over the cross image. I then fussy cut it out with my scissors. It is easy!

      Delete