Pages

Friday, April 17, 2020

Sailing Home

Humm......guess I must have been in the mood to make guy cards!!  

But I often hear my customers say that guy cards are hard to design and that they never have enough guy cards.  So at my classes each month, I try to share at least one guy card.  

I made this guy card a few weeks ago.......and I thought it turned out pretty neat!  I used the  'Sailing Home' stamp set & coordinating Come Sail Away DSP!

How did I make the sun?  I just used my So Saffron ink pad & a sponge dauber.  Adding the birds flying in the air, the water ripples, the birds & the sun to this card, sure added a lot of dimension & a realistic look.  

What do you think?  I know that Father's Day is a couple of months away yet, but this would make a great card for that occasion.  And it would make a great guy birthday card too!  
stamp sets:  'Sailing Home'; 'Best Catch' (words); 'Artisan Textures'- for the water
card stock:
  • Night of Navy-5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4"- fold in half for card base; 1 3/4" strip- punch out Scalloped Circle; 3 x 3 1/2"
  • Soft Suede- 3 1/4 x 3 3/4"; 3/4 x 5 1/2"
  • Whisper White- 2 3/4 x 3 1/4"- stamp sail boats, water & birds onto this; 1 1/2" strip- stamp words onto & punch out with 1" Circle Punch; 4 x 5 1/4"- for inside of card
designer paper:  Come Sail Away DSP- 4 x 1 1/2"
inks:  Night of Navy & So Saffron
Stampin' Blends:  Light Soft Suede
other:  1" Circle Punch; 1 3/8" Scalloped Circle Punch; Sponge Dauber; Dimensionals

I hope you have a great Thursday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-

SUSIE

3 comments:

  1. Made this card today. Loved the way it turned out. thanks LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome!! I am so happy to hear this. Happy Stamping!

      Delete