Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Best Day

Well.....when I first saw this stamp set I loved everything about
it EXCEPT for this cat inside the cupcake.

So last night I decided I was going to make a card using this 
cat/cupcake image for today's blog post.

AND so what do you think of the cat/cupcake card?
I honestly think that this card turned out pretty darn CUTE!!!
I really like it!
Check out how I stamped the cupcake liner again onto another 
piece of Basic White card stock.  
I then colored it with my Stampin' Blends, fussy cut it out with scissors
 and accordion fold (pleated) it on the lines.
I popped it up with dimensionals & layered it over the top of the 
cupcake liner that the cat is in, that is stamped directly onto the stitched circle.
WOW-
It by adding this popped up cupcake liner- 
it gave the whole card a different look & feel!
In person it is really noticeable & is just so stinkin' cute!
We used to have a big farm tomcat that was yellow & white- 
so I tried to make this cat look like him.
This cat now just makes me smile!
And I hope it does you too!
 
Here are the supplies & measurements.
stamp set:  'Best Day'
card stock:
  • Balmy Blue- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4" & fold in half for card base
  • Coastal Cabana- 2 1/2 x 5 1/2"
  • Basic White- 1 1/2" strip- stamp cupcake liner, color, fussy cut out with scissors & pleat it by folding on the liner lines
  • Basic White- 3 1/4" strip- stamp cat/cupcake onto & die cut stitched circle
  • Basic White- 4 x 5 1/4"- for inside of card
designer paper:  Dandy Designs DSP- FREE Sale-a-bration choice with a $100 product order
  • 2 x 5 1/2"
  • 2 1/2" strip- die cut stitched circle
  • 3" strip- die cut stitched circle
ink:  Memento
Stampin' Blends:  Light Balmy Blue, Light & Dark Bermuda Bay, Dark Pale Papaya
other:  Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine; Stylish Shapes; Pastel Adhesive-Backed Sequins; Paper Snips; dimensionals; glue dots; Wink of Stella; Pool Party Sheer Ribbon
 
I hope you have a great Thursday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment