Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Waves of the Ocean Collection

WOW- check out this amazing Waves of the Ocean Collection!!
The Waves of the Ocean DSP is so bright, cheery & has endless possibilities!
Isn't it cool!
This is a fun panel spanner fun fold card.
It looks like this when you start opening it up!
 
NOTE:  I cut 2 Night of Navy strips that measure 7/8" x 5 1/2" each.
One of them gets adhered to the 2 outside panels along the bottom 
front, having it approximately a 1/8" from the bottom of the card- 
so that it matched up evenly with the Basic White CS on the inside of the card.
Then the other Night of Navy strip gets adhered to the back side of the front strip.
This just makes the spanner strip more solid & sturdy.
This is the inside!!
I stamped the words on a strip of Basic White card stock
& die cut it.
I put a 3/4 x 5 1/2" strip of Night of Navy card stock in the loops.
And adhered this all to the inside of the card.
And here is what it looks like standing up!
I love it!
 
You can CLICK BELOW on the links, to see some other panel spanner cards 
I have already posted on my blog.
 
 https://stampwithsusie.blogspot.com/2021/11/snowflake-panel-spanner-card.html
https://stampwithsusie.blogspot.com/2022/01/awesome-otters.html
https://stampwithsusie.blogspot.com/2021/10/cutest-halloween-suite-3-weeks-to.html

How did I make the wave?
If you look closely, you can see that I stamped the wave onto the DSP,
using my Night of Navy ink pad & my Stamparatus!
I then used my scissors & cut out along the top & bottom edges of the stamped wave.
I die cut 2 waves from the DSP, using the 2 Wave Dies.
NOTE:  I added Adhesive Sheets onto the strip I used to die cut the waves.
I adhered the 2 die cut waves directly over the solid stamped wave!! 
And this is then adhered to the bottom bar that goes across the card front
for the split spanner.
 
NOTE:  The little birds are stamped directly onto the DSP in Memento Ink.
 
Here are the supplies & measurements.
stamp set:  'Waves of Inspiration' - #1158833= $23 
  • OR buy as a bundle with the stamp set & dies together & save 10%- #158841= $51.25
card stock:
  • Night of Navy- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4"- cut both sides of front of card at 1 1/8"- to center fold of card.  This is the card base.
  • Night of Navy- 7/8 x 5 1/2" (x2)- to make spanner part of card. 
  • Night of Navy- 3/4 x 5 1/2"- to go in die cut word slots on inside of card
  • Basic White- 3/8 x 2 1/8"- stamp Happy Birthday onto for card front
  • Basic White- 1" strips- die cut clouds
  • Basic White- 4 x 5 1/4"- for inside of card
designer paper:  Waves of the Ocean
  • 3 x 4"- for center front of card
  • 1 x 4"- along the front edge of card
  • 1 x 4"- along the front edge of card
  • 3 x 12"- die cut 2 waves from this
ink:  Night of Navy & Memento
other: Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine; Waves Dies; Adhesive Sheets; dimensionals
 
I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

1 comment:

  1. This fold is cool! And I LOVE this Waves of the Ocean Collection. These layered dies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete