Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2018

The 'Barn Door'

I do love this stamp set!!  And I've used it several times.  This time I wanted to make it look like spring!  So check out my wreath.  Notice the NEW Soft Suede Thick Twine?  It is a NEW product that will be available in the upcoming Annual Catalog on June 1st!

And look at the barn door.  I used Archival Basic Black ink & stamped it onto the Wood Textures Designer Paper & then cut it out with the door framelit! Neat huh!
Here is what the card looks like with the door shut.  (I decided to not put a sentiment or any card stock on the right side here for this card.)
And check it out when I have the door slid over to be opened up.  

Woo Hoo!  This card is one that everyone joining me for my Spring Fling on Saturday will be making! 

stamp sets:  'Barn Door' & 'Beautiful You'
card stock:  Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip- RETIRING, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black
designer paper:  Wood Textures 6x6 DSP
ink:  Archival Basic Black- RETIRING
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Sliding Door Framelits, Petals & More Thinlits Dies, Mini Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Nature's Twine (Crumb Cake)- NEW

++++++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with the kids.  I made a quick trip to the races & got there too late to even see Nathan's heat.  He got 2nd.  And I left the races as soon as the Stock Cars were done.  Nathan got 2nd in the main too!  He looked good for his first night out with that car.  The stands had a big crowd & the pits had a lot of cars in it.  It was great to see so many local people coming out to the Southern Iowa Speedway in Osky for their season opener race.  I hope he has a good race season again this year. 

When I got home from the races, I burnt the midnight oil cutting card stock!!

We have a crazy day again.......and we are up early this morning & on the go.  Deke is off to chore & then be gone all day, as he has 4 meetings!!  He has 2 meetings this morning in Ottumwa.  One for 10-15 & then he'll have the RPA 15 Policy Board Meeting.  This afternoon he has an executive board meeting in Fairfield for Pathfinders.  And he'll have to hurry back to Sigourney for a 6:30 meeting at the Memorial Hall for a town meeting about RAGBRAI.  When he finally gets home he'll have to go out to chore & feed all of the pigs.  So he's gonna have a really long day today.  
I'm going to try to get some more cardstock cut before I head out to Manda's home this morning.  I'll take the twins to school, run a couple of errands in town & then spend my day with the 3 little ones.  The 3 big boys will ride the bus here after school tonight too.  Manda has a late class tonight & Steve is working late on a paving project, so the boys will be hanging out with me for awhile.  I'll be burning the midnight oil again tonight cutting card stock!

I hope you have a great Thursday!!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment