Pages

Friday, March 31, 2017

Happy Anniversary to us!!

Wow- today Deke & I are celebrating our 33rd Anniversary!  It doesn't seem like it has been that many years ago.  We make a great team!!  We are truly blessed!!  He is my best friend- the one I live for, laugh with & love much!  We were best friends before we were ever more than that.  I've known him since I was 5 years old! 

This card is one that everyone made at my 'All Occasions' Card Classes.  I love the simple elegance of it!!!  This is a true Susie style card.  I thought it was fitting that I share it today. 
Gray is a neutral color & is always a good one to use.  (It was actually one of our wedding colors!)

Did you notice how I shadow stamped the flowers onto the Smoky Slate (gray) background piece on the front of the card to give it dimension? And then I added the rhinestones, lace doily, silver foil & Silver metallic ribbon to make it elegant & give it bling! 

Here are the supplies & the measurements for this card-
stamp sets:  'So In Love' & 'Falling in Love'
card stock:
  • Thick Whisper White- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2- card base
  • Whisper White- 4 x 5 1/4 (inside piece), 2 1/2" strip- for circle punch out wording, 3 3/4 x 2 3/4"  
  • Smoky Slate- 5 x 3 3/4", 2 3/4" Strip (for Circle behind the doily)
  • Silver Foil- 4 1/4 x 3/4"  
ink:  Smoky Slate
other:  Big Shot, Layering Circle Framelits, Lace Doilies, Basic Rhinestones,1 3/4" Circle Punch, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

3/8" Metallic Ribbon Combo (used the silver)- Sale-a-braiton Choice= FREE with a $50 order, until 3/31/17!
++++++++

Here is a picture of us in Spain at a flower market last summer!  
+++++++
It was late last night when Masen left.  Deke, Nathan & Brayden worked in the shop on the race car.  After everyone was gone I spent the rest of my night stamping away!  

We have an early morning & busy day today!  I'm off to go pick up all of the boys this morning.  I'll take Brayden, Brody & Drake to school & spend my day with Trey & Masen.

Tonight......not sure what we are doing.  We are planning to go to the races, but if they get rained out, we'll just go out for supper with all of our family & come home to cut card stock!  

I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment