Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2015

A peek at more 'Lighthearted Leaves'

Here is a fun card that I made real quick yesterday afternoon with some left over pieces of a card that I'll share within the next week.  This card is very pretty in person & just really striking!

I must admit- I honestly wasn't thrilled about this stamp set when I saw it in the Holiday Catalog.  My first thought was that it was going to have to be colored & it was going to take too much time to do.  And can you believe that I just about didn't order it with my pre-order.  But I have already used it on 3 cards that I've made.  And so far I haven't done much coloring when I've used it.  I am really liking the modern look of the leaves within this stamp set. 

Check out the bling here on this card with the Basic Rhinestones in the petals of the flower at the leaf base/stem.

And I don't know if you can see it in the photo or not, but along the outside edge of the card I used the NEW Softly Falling Embossing Folder- just to add some dimension & texture to the card.  
So what do you think of this card?  Now I would call this a simple elegance style.  Check out the cool NEW corner punch I've used here.  Wait until you see it & use this new corner punch in person!  You are going to LOVE IT!  It is called Curvy Corner Trio Punch.  Yep- that means that it has 3 different shapes all in one punch!  I do believe that this corner punch that I used here is my favorite though.  I thought it highlighted the leaf just perfectly!

stamp set:  NEW 'Lighthearted Leaf'
card stock:  Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
marker:  Chocolate Chip
ink: Chocolate Chip
other:  Big Shot, NEW Softly Falling Embossing Folder, Basic Rhinestones, Thick Very Vanilla Twine, NEW Curvy Corner Trio Punch, Dimensionals, Glue Dot
+++++
I burnt the midnight oil stamping again last night.  And I have more to do tonight after work!

We are up bright & early this morning to get chores done- as Deke has a meeting again today, so will be gone most of the day.  And I have all 3 of the Seeley boys all day today!  

I don't know about you, but we had a cool front go through yesterday.  WOW- it reminded me of fall & I loved the cooler temps.  I'd much rather wear a sweatshirt & a pair of jeans to help keep myself warm verses sweating to death from the heat.  I know our dog sure enjoyed the cooler temps too.  

Ok....I've gotta run.....
I hope you have a very special Thursday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment