Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

A beautiful flower using 'Garden In Bloom'!

I LOVE this card.....as these are totally my colors!  It also reminds me of fall- which is my favorite season too! 

I have so missed our old More Mustard color that retired a few years back & I am really diggin' our new Delightful Dijon In Color.   Isn't it pretty!
I am gearing up for my monthly classes that I'm having this week.  Here is a sneak peek of one of the 6 cards I've created.

Yes- this is one of the cards that everyone joining me to stamp for my August classes this week will be making!  Many that made this card at my class yesterday liked it.  I'll be posting the rest of the cards over the next week or so here too, so be sure you stop back by to check them out. 

This stamp set- 'Garden In Bloom' is just an awesome 2 step stamp set.  AND it is so easy to use!  It is photopolymer, so it lines up perfectly, plus Stampin' Up! has put tabs on the stamp images so you can tell exactly where they line up to go together.  

Notice the lighter & darker shades in the flower image.  This is the watercolor look of this stamp set.  

Oh....and check out the bumble bee- he has an oval stamp that fits perfectly in his body, so you have a stamp for that too & don't have to color it in with a marker.  There is absolutely no coloring done on this card, except for using ink pads, along with the different stamps.....it is all done with 2 step stamping of different stamp images. 
I ended up making this a fun fold card too!  Check it out here.   It is another Z fold card.  Gosh....I know- I've used this fold alot lately, but I really like it & the layouts I've been using work just perfectly for doing this fold. 

stamp set:  'Garden In Bloom' & 'Wetlands' (words)
card stock:  Chocolate Chip, Delightful Dijon, Very Vanilla
ink:  Chocolate Chip, Mossy Meadow, Delightful Dijon
other:  Big Shot, Elegant Dots Embossing Folder, Extra-Large Oval Punch, Dimensionals

Did you notice the lighter shade of green inside the leaves.  How did I do it?  
  • I stamped both the stem & outline images of the leaves using the Mossy Meadow ink.  
  • I then inked the solid image of the leaves into the Mossy Meadow ink & "stamped it off" once, onto scratch paper & then stamped it the 2nd time inside the outlined leaf image.  Since I stamped it off first it became just a little lighter shade of the same green & it matched perfectly then. 
++++++
Dena had a fun party yesterday!!  I enjoyed my afternoon stamping with everyone that joined us.  I was happy that I got to stop to visit my friend Judy on my way home from my class.  It was great to see her & visit a few minutes.
 
Wow- we had a storm last night just as I was getting home.  The hail was HUGE!  I'm thankful that there wasn't any damage that we've found as of yet anyways.  And I'm happy that I had just gotten home & wasn't out on the road when this storm hit.  

This morning Deke was up early to chore & he is headed to the office.  Manda & the boys are coming out to our home & we are going to stamp.  We are going to make the twins 4 year birthday invites.  They want Minions.......and since we don't have a Minion stamp, I guess we'll be making them using many of our great punches & doing punch art!   I will post their invite on my blog sometime later this month- so be watching for it.

I hope you have a MARVELOUS Monday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment