Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A beautiful purple Rose!

Here is a beautiful purple rose.  This is the card that I made for my dear friend Judy's birthday!!  Purple is her favorite color.....and so I created this especially for her.
stamp set:  'Rose Wonder'
card stock:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, Cucumber Crush
ink:  Basic Black Archival
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Precision Plate, Rose Garden Thinlit, Extra Large Oval Punch, Dimensionals, Wink Of Stella Glitter Pen, Big Shot Die Brush,  2 Way Glue Pen

I made a card similar to this for my January monthly classes.  You can see that card HERE!

Don't you just love how the Wink of Stella Glitter Pen looks on the rose?  It is just stunning in person.  I hope that Judy loved it!  I'm sure she wasn't surprised that I made her a purple birthday card though.

I did a paper piercing technique on this card.  I used Glad Press & Seal to hold all of my pieces that I cut out with the thinlit so that I could tell exactly where they were to belong.  I made a similar card that was red like this for my team meeting that I had last Saturday, so I'll share that card & more information on how I did the paper piercing then.  

+++++
Last night when the boys all went home I spent my night stamping!  

This morning I'm headed out to pick up all of the boys & spend our day together.  Tonight when they all go home, I'll probably be a stamping away again, as I have tons I need to get done!  But depending on what time the boys leave & what time Deke gets done working on the farm, we might run to Osky to get groceries too......we'll see how our day goes & go from there. 

I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE

2 comments:

  1. That rose is GORGEOUS!! Did you use the gold or clear Wink of Stella?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!!! I used the clear Wink of Stella. I LOVE those new pens! It was fun doing the paper piecing with the Glad Press & Sea, as it made it easier to try to keep track of which little pieces went back where.

    ReplyDelete