Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Happy Birthday to Nathan!

Wow- we have lots of family birthdays in August!  

Last Sunday was Nathan's birthday.  This is the card that I made for him.  It is clean & simple- but turned out neat.  I've rarely made white based cards before, as I love our Whisper White card stock, but it just wasn't thick enough for a card base.  BUT our new heavy Whisper White is awesome!  And it worked perfect for this card!
stamp set:  'Something to Say' (small star), 'Happy Birthday, Everyone' (hostess set)
card stock:  Thick Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Whisper White
ink:  NEW Basic Black Archival pad, Crumb Cake
other:  1" circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, small star punch (Itty Bitty Accents Punch pack), dimensionals, Glue Dots, Burlap ribbon threads

I used my fingernail & ruffed up the edges of the Crumb Cake.  
+++++
We had a full day yesterday!!  Lots of joys & much thankfulness fill our hearts!  

We got up yesterday morning & I sang Happy Birthday to the boys.  They were on high & excited about their special day!  In count down to this day we've been marking the days off of a calendar at our home & Manda had a chain that they were removing links off of at their house.  We ate breakfast & then they went home. 

A dear family friend passed away (Jerry Hudson).  Deke & I attended his grave side services this morning.  The rain quit just in time & there were tons of people there.  It was great to see so many old family friends that we hadn't seen for years, as we all celebrated Jerry's life together.  

When we got home from Jerry's services I went to the Seeleys' & spent the rest of they day helping Manda get ready for the boys birthday party.  Everyone arrived at 5:00.  It was a fun time had by all!!  I already posted a few pictures of their party.  

We took Brayden home to his moms about 9:15 last night.  They are going to Adventureland for the day today.  We can't wait to hear all about it when we see him tomorrow night.  

This morning I'll be playing catch up.  I have the day off of work & am home alone for a change.  This afternoon I need to go get groceries.  And tonight I'll be canning tomatoes.  

I hope you have a SENSATIONAL Sunday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment