Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2024

Forever Forest

Wishing all of the dad's a "Happy Father's Day" today!
 
For today's card I used
#162054- Forever Forest stamp set= $26.00 pg. 76.
 
This is a great monochromatic card.  
 
What beautiful weather we've had this weekend in Iowa.
We have family camping at our farm this weekend & I thought these
trees were a perfect card to express how lovely our nature is. 
Notice how I shadow stamped the trees to get the 
darker & lighter shades of them.
 
Here are the supplies & measurements.
stamp set:  'Forever Forest' (trees); 'Trusty Tools' (words)
card stock:
  • Old Olive- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4" & fold in half for card base
  • Old Olive- 3 1/4 x 4 1/4"
  • Old Olive- 3/4 x 3"
  • Crumb Cake- 3 3/4 x 4 3/4"
  • Basic White- 1/2 x 2 3/4"- stamp words onto
  • Basic White- 4 x 5 1/4"- for inside of card
designer paper:  Flowering Zinnia's DSP-
  • 2 x 5 1/4"
ink:  Old Olive
other:  Linen Thread; Glue Dots; dimensionals
Online Exclusive:  Adhesive Backed Birds & Dragonflies
 
Today is a bitter sweet day!  As it was 18 years ago my dad died on Father's Day!  And today is also his birthday (6/16).  Oh how much I miss him!
 
So this is a day that I don't particularly like celebrating, but we do- as we need to celebrate the special dads that are still in our life- Deke, Grandpa Axmear (my father-in-law); Nathan, Steve & many nephews.

I hope you have a SPECIAL Sunday & enjoy this Father's Day!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment