Pages

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Zany Zoo Faux Shutter Technique card

Look at this FUN card!
I did the Fractured card or Faux Shutter Technique.

I used the 
#161304- Zoo Crew DSP= $12.50- pg. 132
 & coordinating #161315-Zany Zoo Bundle= $54.00- pg. 47.

 
How did I do it?
*I cut 4 different sizes of DSP.
 I used this card for my measurements to make the 4 different sized DSP pieces.
*These are the patterns I made to cut the 4 DSP pieces.
*This is what it looks like when they are all adhered to the card front.
*I added a stitched square from the Stylish Shapes Dies to the center.
*Adhere the 1/4 x 5 1/2" black strips onto the card front as shown above.
*Then take Paper Snips & cut off the excess strips.
*Notice how I used this die to cut out my words.
*I wanted them shorter- so I ran them back thru the 
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine again & it is now the perfect size for the words!
*I die cut the turtle directly from the Zoo Crew DSP.
*I then colored the turtle with Stampin' Blends-
 Light Smoky Slate; Light & Dark Lemon Lime Twist.
Here are the supplies & measurements.
stamp set:  'Zany Zoo'
card stock:
  • Basic Black- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4" & fold in half for card base
  • Basic Black- 2" strip- die cut stitched circle
  • Basic Black- 1/4 x 5 1/2"- cut 4 of these
  • Lemon Lime Twist-2 1/4" strip- die cut stitched square
  • Basic White- 1" strip- stamp words onto & die cut
  • Basic White- 4 x 5 1/4"- for inside of card
designer paper:  Zoo Crew DSP
  • approx. 2 x 3"- x 4 - all different patterns 
  • turtle image 
ink:  Memento
Stampin' Blends:  Light Smoky Slate; Light & Dark Lemon Lime Twist
other:  Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine; Zany Zoo Dies; Stylish Shapes Dies; dimensionals
 
I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment