Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Awash in Beauty DSP latch card

Here is a fun fold latch card!
 
I used the gorgeous Awash in Beauty DSP!
Here is what the card looks like as you are starting to open it up.
The flower is popped up with dimensionals.
The flower is what holds the card shut by sliding the latch under the flower.
This is what the card looks like when opened up!
Check out the latch!
I always like to find "other" ways to use punches.
And I love the look when using this punch like this latch!
 
How did I make the latch?
I cut a 1 1/4" strip of Polished Pink card stock
& punched it out using the Label Me Lovely Punch.
Just slide the strip of card stock into the punch as shown
& line it up so that there is just little notches on all 4 corners.
Cool huh!
Now the latch just needs to be tucked in under the flower again to hold the card shut.
  I think this is such a pretty card!
Here are the supplies & measurements.
stamp set:  'Peaceful Moments' (words)
card stock:
  • Polished Pink- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 3" & 7 1/4"- fold for card base
  • Polished Pink- 1 1/4" strip- punch out for latch
  • Granny Apple Green- 1 3/4" strip- punch out leaf with Bough Punch
  • Basic White- 1 x 1 1/2"- stamp words onto
  • Basic White- 4 x 5 1/4"- for inside of card
designer paper:  Awash in Beauty DSP
  • 2 3/4 x 5 1/4"- flowers/leaves image
  • 1 x 5 1/4"- pink/white flower/leaves
  • 1 x 4"- pink/white flower/leaves for inside of card
  • 1" strip- punch out blue little flowers with Bough Punch
ink:  Polished Pink
other:  Label Me Lovely Punch; Bough Punch; Opal Rounds; dimensionals; Wink of Stella
 
I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

4 comments:

  1. Love what you created here! I have pinned a number of your cards. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awhh- thanks so much CaroleAnn!!! I am glad you like this one & my other cards too!!! Happy stamping!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful card! I will be following your card making for more great creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad you like it! Yes- check my blog each day- as I post something new!! stampwithsusie.blogspot.com

      Delete