Pages

Monday, April 10, 2017

'Layering Love' =Chalk Board Technique!

I am SO SORRY that I haven't been able to post the past couple of days, while I was gone to Minneapolis to our Stampin' Up! On Stage event.  Our hotel was suppose to include internet, but I was unable to get it to work (even after many calls & a trip to the front desk for help)!  

Check out my pile of card stock & stamped words here!!

This card is one of my On Stage swaps that I made!!  It is clean & simple!  

And I did the Chalk Board technique on it!  I think it turned out super cute!  Don't you!
Notice the little red heart that I punched out of Real Red card stock, using the Owl Builder Punch & added here!
I did a card using this same layout & the Sale-a-bration set- 'Reverse Words'.  You can see that post HERE!

Here are the supplies & the measurements that I used to make this card-

stamp set:  'Layering Love'
card stock:  
  • Basic Black- 4 1/4 x 11- fold in half; 1 x 6 (for banner), 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 (to stamp words onto)
  • Whisper White- 4 x 5 1/4 (for inside of card), 3 3/4 x 3 3/4
  • Real Red- 1/2" strip
designer paper:   
  • The Black & White side of the Pop of Pink Specialty DSP- 5 1/4 x 2
ink:  White Craft
other:  Triple Banner Punch, Thick White Twine (6"), Dimensionals, Glue Dot, Owl Builder Punch
Here is my pile of finished cards that I took with me to Minneapolis to swap!  I used some different DSP prints, all from the same DSP!  I hope everyone that got one of these from me liked it!
++++++

WOW- It was a super busy weekend!  We had a wonderful time at On Stage! It was great to see so many of my demonstrator friends from all over the US that I haven't seen for quite awhile!!  And I loved spending time with those on my team that got to go with me too!  

I am super EXCITED, as I learned some new things that I can't wait to share with all of my customers & my team members, at my upcoming stamping events!!  AND I am in LOVE the new catalog & I can't wait to be able to share it with all of you!!  The new catalog goes live to customers on June 1st!!!  Per Stampin' Up! rules, I will post more information about the new catalog when I can.  Until then you'll just have to take my word that you'll love it!! 

And wait until you see the new stamp sets & products that I got at this On Stage event.  I can tell you that one of the stamp sets has something on it that is very much a huge part of our family- PIGS!  It is sooooo cute!!!  I can't wait to be able to share & tell you more about all of these things!!  

For today you'll have to gear up for my post later today with the RETIRING LIST!  Be sure you get the items on it that you want, before the are sold out!  
---------
I got home from Minnesota yesterday afternoon.  And I then worked on farm bookwork, emails, laundry & such- trying to play catch up!!  I was beat!!!  We were on the go the whole time.  I am glad that I was able to attend this event & I enjoyed my time there learning & visiting with all of my SU! friends.  But I am very happy to be home to my family; I am happy to be able take a shower at home; & I am excited to sleep in my own bed!

This morning I'm off to go pick up all of my boys for the day!!  Deke is off early to chore & head to the office for his weekly board meeting!  Tonight when the boys go home I'll be working on catching up on more things.  And Deke hopes to work in the field again tonight if we don't get too much rain. 

Gotta run......
I hope you have a MARVELOUS Monday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

2 comments:

  1. I loved both of your beautiful cards that I received at OnStage and I was so happy to finally meet you! Thank you so much-Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Marilyn....I am SO GLAD that I finally got to meet you too. I look forward to connecting again sometime! I'm glad you liked my cards. I LOVED your 2 cards too. You are a beautiful stamper!!! Many blessings! Hugs- SUSIE

      Delete