Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

'Bloomin' With Kindness'

Good morning!
Here is another card that I did at my STYC.  When I first saw this flower I can honestly say that I wasn't that in love with it, but I did really liked all of the words & fonts in the set.  The more I use this set the more I like it.  It really has alot of possibilities!
Check out the lattice fold along the edge of this card.
Isn't it so cool!

Lattice Edge directions:
1.  Place Simply Scored Markers at 1/8”, 1/2”, 7/8”,11/4”, 15/8”, 2”, 23/8”, 26/8”, 31/8”, 31/2”,37/8”, 41/4”, 45/8”, 5”
2.  Start with card base being- 5 ½” x 8 ½” & folded in half.
3.  Place the card on the Simply Scored Tool (with the diagonal plate) in the upper left hand corner putting the folded side to the top.
4.  Place a ruler/straight edge on top of the card to use as a guide horizontally at the 3/4” mark on the left hand side of the simply scored.  OR else you can do a 3/4" score mark direction along the folded edge of your card too.
5.  Start at the first marker and score down to the ruler/line marking and continue with every measurement I have listed above.
6.  Then take your scissor and cut each score mark.
7.  Open and lay flat with the point of the “V” up.
8.  Starting at the bottom, fold the 2nd point down, and then fold every other one down.
9.  Close Card and Stamp and Embellish as desired
10.  I cut a 1 x 5 1/2" strip to mount along the back inside piece of the card to get a contract of color!
I haven't got my swap done for our Stampin' UP trip to Fiji yet & am thinking that this just might be it!  We'll see how much time I have on Saturday!

'Bloomin' With Kindness'
cs:  Rich Razzleberry, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
ink:  Rich Razzleberry
supplies:  Simply Score Tool, Crumb Cake Seam Binding ribbon, XL Oval punch, Paper Snips, dimensionals, glue dots

So yesterday the boys Dr was sick, so Brody's appt was rescheduled for today.  And Drake woke up with a temp yesterday, so he'll be seeing Dr. Mary today too.  I am assuming that he has ear infection, but he also has his eye teeth coming in too.  It is just so hard to know when they are little & can't tell you what is exactly wrong.   I don't think it is anything contagious.

Brayden is coming to spend the day with us today too.  I told him last night that he had to be my helper today!  The twins love it when he is here to play with them.   We'll have a fun, yet busy day!

Deke has meetings all day today- morning & afternoon.  We are hoping his one this afternoon doesn't last too long so that he'll be home in time to get the chores done & get to go to the races with the guys.

Tonight is suppose to be our first race of the season at the Southern Iowa Speedway in Osky.
We will be going to cheer on the #52 Wood Racing Team.  They guys got the car all done & loaded last night.  Nathan has his masters class tonight, so he'll come straight from his class to the track.  Josh, Steve, Deke & Mark will take the truck/trailer & race car over.  Brayden & I will be there.  Depending on how cold it is & how the twins are feeling will make the decision if Manda & the twins will get to go or not.

Ok- gotta run....the boys will be here early as Manda has an early meeting.

I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is a gorgeous card and that fold is amazing. I am a demo and would love to teach this to my club girls. Is there a tutorial somewhere??
    Hope you enjoy your Fiji trip (sigh). :)
    Joy Jones
    Bjjones@woodstocktel.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joy.
    I will update this posting with the directions for how to make this. You will need your Simply Scored tool & Scissor Snips.

    ReplyDelete