Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Happy 4th of July!!!

Today is a day to celebrate!!!!  Sending you all wishes for a very special Happy 4th of July!!!  I hope it is a fun & safe day for everyone everywhere!!!!

Check out this cute card I whipped up real quick last night before I went to bed.  I used one of my new favorite stamp sets- 'Dandelion Wishes'!!  Don't you think it looks like fireworks???  I thought it turned out pretty cute!

How did I color them?

  • To get the fireworks to be different colors I used my sponge dauber & tapped it into the ink.
  • I then tapped the inked sponge daubers directly onto the stamp.  
  • I stamped it onto my Whisper White card stock.
  • After I stamped it, I did used my Stampin' Write Markers to touch up a few spots where the colors over lap.  
  • I then added the Wink of Stella over the tips of the fireworks for some added sparkle!
  • And finished them off with a Clear Rhinestone in the middle of each firework!
I used some of my NEW 2018-2020 In Color products for it too!

stamp sets:  'Dandelion Wishes' & 'Calligraphy Essentials'
card stock:  
  • Lovely Lipstick- 4 x 1 3/4"; 3 1/4 x 3 3/4"
  • Blueberry Bushel- 4 1/4 x 11"; 3 3/4 x 1 1/2"
  • Whisper White- 3 x 3"; 3 1/2 x 1 1/4"
designer paper:  
  • 2018-2020 In Color 6x6 DSP (Blueberry Bushel)- 5 1/2 x 2"
ink:  Blueberry Bushel & Lovely Lipstick
Stampin' Write Markers:  2018-2020 Collection- Lovely Lipstick & Blueberry  Bushel
other:  1/8" Grosgrain Ribbon (Lovely Lipstick), Basic Rhinestones, Clear Wink of Stella, Dimensionals, Glue Dots


+++++++
Yesterday morning I took my mom to Fairfield.  The place we needed to go was closed due to the 4th of July.......so we will go down again on Thursday!  It was a wasted 2 hour drive down & back- but I had a nice time visiting with my mom.  We don't get to ever spent too much time together alone. 

Then yesterday afternoon I worked on bookwork.  And last night we all went into Sigourney to watch all 5 boys in the Kids Pedal Tractor Pull.  The boys then played in the bouncy houses for awhile.  And after that we went to Nathan & Sarah's house for brauts on the grill, snow cones & a pretty fireworks display that Steve set off for us!  

This morning we are up early to chore & head to Sigourney for their 10:00 parade.  We'll then stop by my sister Barbie's for a few minutes, go eat our lunch in the park & then head to What Cheer for their 2:00 parade.  Manda ordered a bunch of candy for me......so we have alot of it to throw out!  We'll all be wearing our Wood for Supervisor shirts too.  As I bought new ones for all 12 of us.  

Wishing you all a safe & fun 4th of July today!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment