Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Happy Birthday to Brayden!! And a NEW Catalog Sneak Peek!

Awhhhh.......it is so much fun playing with NEW products!  Check out these awesome alphabet edgelits that will be available on June 1st in the NEW Annual Catalog.  They are called the Layering Alphabet Edgelits. 

This is card that I created for my Spring Fling I had last weekend.  I had all of the letters cut for everyone & they just had to do a little stamping & then assemble it.  It was a cool thing to share!  And I think everyone liked it. 

And this is also the card that Brayden got last night at his birthday party from Grandma & Papa.  Today he is actually 10 years old!!  I can't believe it.  Where does the time go?  He loved his card (& probably the money in it more).  I created this card using these colors with him in mind!
The Tempting Turquoise color I used here is retiring!  Have you stocked up on it if it is one of the colors that you want to continue to use? 

stamp set:  'Confetti Celebration'-RETIRING
card stock:  Tempting Turquoise-RETIRING, Pool Party, Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay
ink: Pacific Point
other:  Bit Shot, Magnetic Platform, Layering Alphabet Edgelits- NEW on June 1st, Classic Label Punch, Dimensionals, Glue Dots
Check it out!  I cut out the "Y" by itself like this.   I just had to snip the top left corner with my Paper Snips, so that we could have it separate & adhere it to the front of the word.
And this is what the framelit set itself looks like that cuts out the V shape with the alphabet connected to it.  The letters just hook into the slots.  It is pretty cool!!  They lined up perfectly when I used a 3x3 of card stock to cut it from. 
I also wanted to share an old Crimpled Paper technique that I did when I first stamping over 18 years ago.  Back then we didn't have the Big Shot- so we created our background with ink.  
How did I do i?
  • I just took a 3x3 piece of typing paper
  • scrunched it up
  • pushed it into my ink pad 
  • & then stamped it onto my paper! 
 It just gives a textured look & some added depth & dimension to the card.
You'll have to give this 'old' & fun crimpled paper technique a try!
++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with Masen & Ainslee.  Brody & Brayden were here after school.  We all then went to Nathan & Sarah's home for supper to celebrate Brayden's 10th birthday.

This morning I'm off to town to get the boys, take the twins to school & spend my day with the 3 little ones.  Deke is home work on the farm all day.  Tonight when everyone is gone home I have lots of stuff to get unpacked & put away from my Spring Fling class I had this past weekend.

Gotta run......
I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!!
And Happy May Day!!! 
I'm gonna make May Day baskets with the boys- so hope that goes well & is fun!

Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment