Pages

Monday, May 28, 2018

A Brusho Butterfly!

Look at this beautiful butterfly card!!  I love everything about it!  It is so bright, cheerful & spring like!

This card is one that everyone made at my Spring Fling last month! It was a favorite of many that made it with me.
I used one of the NEW Metallic Pearls in the center of the butterfly!  These are available in the NEW Annual Catalog on June 1st!

I used Brusho to add color to the Shimmery White card stock to the get the colored added to the butterfly!!  Is it sooo cool!

Check out the step-by-step details on how I did it below!
How did I do it?
  1. Cut a piece of 3x3" Shimmery White card stock.  
  2. Tapped on the these 3 Brusho colors- Brilliant Red, Gamboge & Yellow
  3. Using the Spritzer- spritzed water onto it.
  4. As it dried the colors combined& bled together too look like this!
  5. It is beautiful huh!
  6. And then I choose the colors of card stock that coordinated with it, so I could make my card! 
Now check out all of these.......I shared a comparison, so that everyone could see how different this same technique looks like when done on different papers.  

Look closely at all of these 3 different pieces of paper here.
#1- Is the Shimmery White card stock
#2- Is the Watercolor Paper
#3- is the Glossy White card stock
On all 3 of them I added the Brusho & spritzed the water on them- exactly the same. 
But look how differently they all turned out!
I liked the vibrant colors of the Shimmery White card stock for my card, so chose that for this project.
All 3 of them are cool & different & have different possibilities for different projects.
stamp sets:  'You Move Me'- RETIRING; 'Marbled' background; 'Petal Palette' (words)
card stock:
  • So Saffron- 5 1/4 x 2"; 4 x 5 1/4" (for inside of card)
  • Calypso Coral- 4 1/4 x 3"; 11 x 2 3/4"" (to stamp butterflies on for the inside butterfly accordion)
  • Shimmery White- 3x3"(use Brusho on this & then cut out butterfly base)
  • Basic Black- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"; 2 3/4" strip (to cut butterfly out of); 4 1/4 x 1"; 2 3/4" strip (to cut circle out of)
ink:  Black Memento & Calypso Coral
other:  Layering Circle Framelits (2 1/2"), Magnetic Platform, Big Shot, Move Me Thinlits- RETIRING, Calypso Coral 1/8" ribbon, Metallic Pearls- NEW available June 1st, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Brusho, Stampin' Sprizter


 Check out the INSIDE of this card!
I cut out 5 of these stamped butterflies, folded them in half, glued them together at the wing tips & made an accordion out of them.  I then adhered them to the center of my card & they popped out when I opened it up! 
+++++++++
I worked on stamping stuff all day yesterday!  Last night we went to the lake to visit our kids that are camping there for the weekend.  It was fun, but hot.  Gosh- how can it be this hot when it is only the end of May.

I'm home today to stamp & finish planting flowers!  Hope to get alot accomplished.  Deke is home all day to powerwash!

Wishing you a very special Memorial Day today!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment