Pages

Friday, April 20, 2018

'Bird Banter'

OH what a cute little parrot!!  This is one of the cards that everyone stamping with me this week for my monthly April classes is making!  I used the adorable bird stamp set called 'Bird Banter'!

Isn't this a bright & cheery card!

How did I do the parrot?
  • I stamped the leaf/branch onto a strip of Whisper White card stock.  
  • And then I stamped the parrot, so that he was standing on the branch.  
  • I punched the parrot out using the 2" Circle Punch.
  • I stamped his tail onto a scrap piece of card stock & fussy cut it out with my Paper Snips & stuck it onto his with a glue dot. 
NOTE:  I colored the parrot with my Stampin' Blends.  I know that many of my customers already have them.  They are amazing markers & I so love them!  Due to the high demand of them, they are currently not available to purchase.  Some of them will be available the first part of May, some the middle of May & hopefully all of them, PLUS LOTS more new colors will be available in the NEW Annual Catalog on June 1st!  So be sure to add them to your wish list!
I used 2 RETIRING colors here- Soft Sky & Tangerine Tango.  Don't they look great together!

stamp set:  'Bird Banter'-RETIRING
card stock:  
  • Soft Sky-4 1/4 x 11"; 2 3/4" strip- RETIRING
  • Tangerine Tango- 4 x 4"; 5x 2"-RETIRING
  • Whisper White- 4 x 5 1/4"; 2 3/4" strip; 3/4" strip to stamp words onto & snip to desired length
  • Basic Black- 2 1/2" strip
designer paper:  Coffee Break DSP- RETIRING
ink:  Black Memento
Stampin' Blends:  Dark Daffodil Delight, Dark Pool Party, Dark Pumpkin Pie, Dark Old Olive
other: Big Shot, Layering Leaves Embossing Folder, Standard Platform, Layering Circles Framelits, Magnetic Platform, Starburst Punch, 2" Circle Punch, Paper Snips, Dimesionals, Glue Dots
+++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with the kids.  Last night we went to Brayden's school music program & then ate supper with their family.  The guys (Deke, Nathan, Brayden & Masen) came home to work in the shop & I worked on stamping stuff.

This morning Deke is up early to go to chore & head to a meeting.  I'm up early to stamp awhile before I go to town to get the boys, take the twins to school & spend my day with the 3 little ones.  Tonight I'll be stamping!

I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment