Pages

Thursday, February 1, 2018

'Floral Statements'- WOW!!

WOW!!  Check out this pretty card using the 'Floral Statements' stamp set!!  I just totally love how this card turned out!  It is just gorgeous!!

This technique is called Black Magic!
How did I do it?
  • Use the Embossing Buddy all over the Basic Black card stock.
  • Stamped the image using a Versamark ink pad.
  • Put White Embossing Powder over the entire stamped image, tapping off excess.
  • Heat set the image using the Heat Tool.
  • Color the images using the Stampin' Blends.  I used Dark Cherry Cobbler for the roses & Dark Old Olive for the leaves/stems.  
  • I was careful to not get the Stampin' Blends onto the THANKS letters that I wanted to leave white.  
IMPORTANT TIPS:  
  1. The Dark Stampin' Blends show up so much better than the lighter ones.
  2. If you get the Stampin' Blends onto one of the letters or someplace that you don't want it to be- you can use the Color Lifter to remove it.
  3. It is so easy to color when you use the Black card stock, as if you get outside the lines- onto the Black card stock- it doesn't show!
I made multiples of this card to send to some friends!  See how I colored the roses first & then colored the stems/leaves. 
Check out the AWESOME new Embossing folder called- Petal Pairs, that I did along the edge of this card, using Old Olive card stock!!  

And I added some of the 1/8" Real Red ribbon- that I doubled up & tied to put at the base of the stems.

stamp set:  'Floral Statements'
card stock:  Basic Black, Old Olive, Real Red
ink:  Versamark Pad
Stampin' Blends:  Dark Cherry Cobbler & Dark Old Olive
other:  Embossing Buddy, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Real Red 1/8" Ribbon, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Big Shot, Standard Plate, Petal Pair Embossing Folder
So what do you think?  This is such a wow look & so easy to do!  

Be sure you check back again soon.  As I have 4 other cards I've made doing this technique with other stamp sets & colors!  They are awesome too!  I'll be doing a card using the technique at all of my February monthly stamp classes too!

++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with kids.  Poor little Miss Ainslee hasn't been herself the past 2 days.  I'm not sure what is up.  I am wondering if she doesn't have ear infection.  She has been cuddled & rocked alot this week.  The boys road the bus here after school & grandma had warm chocolate chip bar cookies waiting for them.  Masen thought he was starving & had a hard time waiting for the big boys to get here before he got to eat his cookie.  He actually got a kitchen chair, pulled it up to the counter top where the pan of bars were.... (thankfully I had them cut & had a spatula laying there too), he got out his own bar cookie out of the pan & headed to the little table in the family room to eat it.  It was precious & I was so shocked that he is getting big enough to do something like this all on his own!!  When everyone went home I stamped last night & did laundry!  

This morning I'm up early to walk & then go to town to get the boys up, read & drop them off at school.  I'll spend my day with the 3 little ones here at our home.  The 3 big boys will be here after school too.  When everyone goes home I'll spend my night again stamping!

I hope you have a very special Thursday!!
Happy Stamping!!
Hugs_
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment