Pages

Monday, September 18, 2017

Detailed Gate Thinlits Dies- Halloween card

Here is a pretty cool new Halloween stamp set- 'Graveyard Gate' & coordinating thinlits dies- Detailed Gate!!  They are in the back of the Holiday Catalog on page 54 & can be purchased separately or as a bundle.  Check out how pretty & detailed this gate is.  Neat huh!  It doesn't just have to be for Halloween either.  Can't you just see a wreath hanging from it on a Christmas card?  Or a pot of flowers sitting next to it?  I can think of lots of other ideas & hope I have time in the coming weeks to get to play with this a little more. 

This card is one of the Halloween card I created for my upcoming Halloween Treats classes.  

The gate is taller, but I cut about 2" off of the bottom of it, so that I could have more of the spooky sky showing on my card front.  
Oh- and I used the neat 'Marbled' background stamp to give the sky a swirly (spooky) look!  

I also added bats & the gravestones (behind the fence).  And then the padlock on the gate is kinda neat too & finishes off the whole theme of the card. 

stamp sets:  'Marbled' background, 'Graveyard Gate'
card stock:  Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Whisper White (for inside greeting), Silver Foil
ink:  Archival Basic Black, Smoky Slate
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Precision Plate, Detailed Gate Thinlits Die, Seasonal Tags Framelits Dies (for the bat), 1 1/2" Circle Punch, Black Rhinestones, Dimensionals
 ++++++
It was late when I got home last night.  I stopped & got a few groceries & things on my way home from my stamp classes that I had.  My classes were great!!!  We all enjoyed our time stamping together.  And Loririe & Chris were great hostesses too! 

This morning Deke is off early to chore & head to the office for his weekly board meeting.  I'm off to go pick up the boys, take the twins to school & spend my day with Trey, Masen & Ainslee.  I am praying that they all have a healthy week this week & we don't have to make any trips to the dr. with sick kids!

Tonight when the kids go home I'll be a card stock cutting fool!!!  I have LOTS of projects to get cut this week, for my upcoming Halloween Treats classes that I have this coming weekend.  

Gotta run....
I hope you have a MARVELOUS Monday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-

SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment