Pages

Friday, October 28, 2016

A beautiful fall leaf!

So you all know that I love fall...and the splashed of different colors are just one of the many reasons why I love it!

Oh my gosh.....check out this beautiful fall leaf card.  I just love the way this card turned out!  It is one of the fall cards that I created for my Holiday Extravaganza class.  This will be one of many cards that everyone joining me for this fun annual stamp camp will be making!  It is just gorgeous in person!

Check out the Kraft Rope Trim (pg. 13 in the Holiday Catalog).  This trim as 3 layers in it that are twisted together & I just untwisted it (making 3) & it has this cool crimped look to it!

I did the baby wipe technique here, using the 'Gorgeous Grunge' stamp set, adding a splash of color over the top of the leaf!
I just added several drops of different ink refill colors onto a folded baby wipe.  
NOTE:  Make sure you go up & down into the baby wipe in approximately the same spot, so that you don't mud up the colors that you are adding to the stamp.  

How did I do it?  
  • I did stamp the leaf onto Very Vanilla card stock, using Crumb Cake ink.
  • I cut it out with the Leaflets Framelits.
  • And then did the baby wipe technique on it, adding all of these fall colors.

What ink refill colors did I use?  
  • Crushed Curry
  • Garden Green
  • Cajun Craze 
  • Pumpkin Pie
Oh- and I added some sparkle to it too!  I added a little Gold Wink of Stella over the "VEINS" in the leaf= very last.  

stamp sets:  'Vintage Leaves', 'Gorgeous Grunge' & 'Suite Seasons'ink:  Crumb Cake & Soft Suede
ink refills:  Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Cajun Craze & Pumpkin Pie
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Leaflets Framelits, Banner Triple Punch, Dimensionals, Kraft Rope Trim, Gold Wink of Stella Pen
++++++
I have the day off of work- as Manda has had parent teachers conferences this week, so there is no school today.  Thus the timing worked out perfect, as I'm going to be a card stock cutting fool- getting everything done & finalized for tomorrows Holiday Extravaganza!  
 
Tonight Deke & I will go set up tables & chairs at the location I rented for my event.  And then we'll come home & get all of the food ready.  I'll finish cutting & packing up & loading the car too before I go to bed.  Hopefully I get it all done & get a few hours of sleep too!  

I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment