Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2016

There are lots of flowers in the 'Garden Corner' background stamp!

I was playing when I created this card.  I wanted to think of some other ways to use the Bloomin' Hearts thinlits.  Check out the butterfly!

I did use alot of retiring products here on this card!  Read the list of supplies I posted below. 

stamp set:  'Petite Pairs' (RETIRING) & 'Corner Garden' (RETIRING)
cardstock:  Blackberry Bliss (RETIRING), Whisper White, Vellum
ink:  Blackberry Bliss (RETIRING)
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Precision Plate, Bloomin' Heart Thinlit, Bold Butterfly Thinlits, Large Oval Punch (RETIRING), Scalloped Oval Punch (RETIRING), Basic Pearls, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

This background stamp is really neat isn't it!  I like this monochromatic card.  But it would also be beautiful if you took the time to color each flower in too with your Aqua Painters, Blender Pens or our Stampin' Write Markers.  


Check out the lace on the butterfly!  How did I do it?
  • I used Vellum card stock & cut out the Bloomin' Hearts Thinlit.  
  • I used the big (solid) butterfly from the Bold Butterfly Thinlits & cut it out.  
  • I attached the lace butterfly over the solid Blackberry Bliss butterfly using Glue Dots.
++++
Yesterday the boys & I ran errands in the morning.  And then we got a few flowers planted & played outside too.  When they were all gone home I burnt the midnight oil working on trying to catch up with my piles of bookwork.
 
The guys went racing......Nathan got 5th in his heat.  In the main he got caught in a wreck & rolled his car.  THANKFULLY he is fine!  (Deke said he is sure that Nathan will be sore today though. )  The guys worked on the car under the caution & he went back out on the track for the main.  He ended up with a flat tired & did not get to finish the race.  Sarah & I got the text that he rolled & we were already in the car & headed to Columbus Junction, but thankfully didn't make it too far before we got the call from Deke that Nathan was fine.  
 
Originally we had planned to go to Memphis & race tonight, but that isn't going to happen now.  The car is tore up pretty bad & the guys are gonna have to spend alot of time in the shop working on it before we can race again.  We'll see how today goes....Vinton races tomorrow night & we had planned to go there too.  That might happen & it might not. 
 
I am up early this morning to cook a hog for my niece Ginny's graduation party that is tonight.  I have 5 big roasters of meat cooking & will make shredded pork sandwiches for everyone.  While the meat is cooking I hope to work on stamp stuff every spare minute I have today.
 
Tonight we'll be going to Ginny's party & we are looking forward to seeing many of our family members & friends there.  
 
I hope you have a SENSATIONAL Saturday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment