Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Another beautiful ROSE!

Check out this pretty sponged rose! I love it!!

How did I do it?
  • I cut the Rose/Leaves thinlit from the Rose Garden Thinlit die, using Whisper White card stock, creating a rose stencil.
  • I laid the rose stencil onto a piece of Whisper White card stock that measured 3 3/4 x 5".
  • Using our sponge daubers I started in the center of the Rose & worked my way to the outside edges- sponging onto the whole rose- inside & a little outside the edges of it.  (Be careful to not let the rose stencil move, as you want to keep it in place, so that when you are finished sponging you have the white outline of the rose stencil- as shown above.)
  1. I started with the Daffodil Delight ink- all over the whole rose.
  2. Then used the Pumpkin Pie ink in the center of the rose.
  3. Then used the Pear Pizzazz on the leaves.
stamp set:  'Rose Wonder'
card stock:  Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Whisper White
ink:  Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Archival Basic Black
other: Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Precision Plate, Extra-Large Oval Punch, Sponge Daubers, Dimesionals

You can CLICK HERE to read about the Rose framelit stencil that I used above.  It sure didn't go to waste!  I got 2 cards & 2 different roses, with different techniques out of using just one stencil. 

Here is the beautiful rose card I made using the rose stencil I had left over from the above card!  You can check out the details about this card that are posted on my blog HERE!
This Rose was what I used for the template for the top rose card at the beginning of this post.  
  • I put Versamark Ink all over the Rose thinlit cut out.
  • I put Clear Embossing Powder all over it.
  • I heated it with the Heating Tool.  (It is shiny & very pretty in person!)
  • I attached it directly to the Whisper White card stock using a 2 Way Glue Pen (RETIRING). 
If you have any questions about either of these cards- don't hesitate to comment below or you can email me HERE!  

QUESTION:  
What stamp set did the words I used come from?  
  • WOO HOO!!  They are also out of the 'coordinating Rose Wonder' stamp set.    
  • I LOVE it when Stampin' Up! coordinates products like this!
Both of these rose card were projects everyone at my Spring Fling got to make!
+++
We went to Brayden's last soccer game last night before we headed to the races.  Brayden's team won!  He started baseball practice this week too- so we'll be going to those games soon.

Nathan won his heat & came in 2nd in the main at the races.  It was a good night for him!  He looked really good!  Now for him to keep it up!  They are going racing again tonight in Donnellson.  I hope he has good luck down there.  Mark, Sarah & the boys will be going with him.  Deke & I will be home to work on the farm. 

It was a late when the races were over & then I went & got groceries afterwards too......so it was after midnight when I pulled into our driveway.  I had a whole car load to carry into the house & get everything put away.  It was a short night for me on Tuesday night (as Mr. Trey didn't want to sleep)- so I was beat & need to get some sleep.  I put the cold things away & emptied the sacks, so I still have alot of groceries I need to get put away this morning. 

I'm off to pick up my boys for the day- all except for Drake.  He has an allergy appointment with Dr. Ron today.  I am hoping that all goes well.

Then tonight when the boys are all gone I'll be headed out the farm & help Deke mark, sort & sell hogs.  So it will be a late night being gone again.  

Gotta run.....
I hope you have a very special Thursday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment