Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

It's a beautiful purple flower!

Check out the beautiful purple card!  Don't you like it?  This is one of the cards I created for my upcoming April classes that I'm having this week.   You can't tell by looking at the photo here, but the big flower is cut out & popped up!  I cut it out using my Paper Snips.
I played with the different colors of purple when coloring these flowers.  Look how different they look.  Notice that I stamped the whole flower image in the black around the outside edges of the card to help give it dimension.  I colored the flowers using squished ink pad lids & aqua painters. 

stamp set: 'Birthday Blooms'
card stock:  
  • Elegant Eggplant- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2
  • Basic Black- 2" strip (circle to layer the words); 3 1/2 x 4 1/4 
  • Pear Pizzazz- 3 1/4 x 4 
  • Shimmery White- 3 3/4 x 3; 2 3/4" strip (for the big flower you cut out), 2" strip (for the words)
ink:  Archival Basic Black, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Pear Pizzazz
other:  Aqua Painters, Dimensionals, Paper Snips, 1 1/2" Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch

This stamp set is in the Occasions Catalog.  I got this set as one of my Pillow Gifts when I was at Founders in Utah, last September.  This set is probably one of my favorite sets I've ever gotten.  I just really like the font of the words & the different flowers in this set.  I have used this stamp set for a ton of different cards that I've posted on my blog over the past 3 1/2 months. 

Be sure you check out this stamp on on pg. 9 in the Occasions Catalog!  
#140655 (wood)= $27.00 or #140658 (clear)= $19.00
+++++
Manda & Steve ended up taking the 3 boys to the dr yesterday.  Brody was up early yesterday morning & running a high temp.  Brody & Trey had coughs, red throats & ear infection- so they got meds.  Drake had a cough too- but she thought it was allergy related, so he will be going to see our Allergy Dr next month.

I spent my day trying to catch up on farm things & stamping things!!  Brayden & Masen were both here after school for awhile. We then went to Brayden's soccer game.  It was a really good game!!  Brayden's team lost in over time, but they all did great.  I came home and burnt the midnight oil cutting card stock.

Deke had lots of meetings yesterday.  He went right out to the field when he got home last night about 9:30 pm. & worked until the wee hours this morning.  I went out about midnight, took him some tea & snacks & rode with him for awhile. 

We get baby piggies delivered this morning, so we are all up early & getting ready for them.  It was a short night.  

We had a change of plans this morning....the 3 boys are still sick with temps & they were up most of the night- so Steve is staying with them this morning & I'll go get them when we are done unloading  & settling in our baby piggies.  Such a bummer!  Poor little guys!  Masen might just be the only one here today again- guess we'll see what happens & how they feel in a few hours. 

Tonight when the boys go home I'll be burning the midnight oil cutting card stock again, getting ready for all of my April monthly classes that I have this week.  And Deke is hoping to burn the midnight oil working in the field again if it doesn't rain today.

I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment