Pages

Friday, March 11, 2016

A beautiful red rose!

Here is another beautiful red rose.  This is one of the cards I did at my last team meeting.  I shared with them how to do paper piecing & use Glad Press & Seal to hold all of the pieces. 

Click HERE to see a purple rose card I made too!
stamp set:  'Rose Wonder' card stock:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red, Cucumber Crush ink:  Basic Black Archival other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Precision Plate, Rose Garden Thinlit, Extra Large Oval Punch, Dimensionals, Wink Of Stella Glitter Pen, Big Shot Die Brush,  2 Way Glue Pen, Paper Snips
additional:  Glad Press & Seal

1.  Cut out the Rose using the thinlit & Basic Black card stock.  Press it onto the "Glad Press & Seal" so that it holds all of the pieces in their places.  Carefully pull off the black outline of the rose.  
NOTE:  I saved these black inside pieces & thought I might use to make a black & ivory rose card sometime. 
2.  Cut out the Rose using the thinlit & Real Red card stock.  
3.  Pull off the Rose outline & save for another project! 
Click HERE to see the outlined Rose card I made with my left over pieces!
4.  I cut squares appox. 3x3 & cut the leaves out with Cucumber Crush card stock, using the thinlit.
5.  I pressed both the Rose & leaves onto the Glad Press & Seal paper. 
5.  I use the 2 Way Glue Pen & started paper piecing the Real Red Rose pieces into the center of the Rose & worked my way to the outside edges.
6.  When I was all done paper piecing the rose & leaves I used my Paper Snips & cut around the outside of the rose, leaving a thin white outside edge.

What do you think?   Isn't this just beautiful!  A similar project like this will be one of the many cards everyone joining me for my Spring Fling on April 23rd will be making with me.  
+++++
Last night I burned the midnight oil cutting card stock.  And the guys worked in the shop late.

This morning I'm off to go pick up my boys for the day.  Gosh....it is suppose to be another nice day- so we'll be playing outside again.  I love the Spring weather we've been having.  It is great to see & hear the boys running & having fun outside with the toys & the swing set.  I'd hate to guess how many laps they made around the driveway running & riding their bikes.  

Tonight I have a house full of ladies coming to stamp with me at our home for my March Stampin' Night monthly class.  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone & stamping!!!  

I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!
I've gotta run......
Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment