Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2015

A 'Wonderland'!

Here is a very pretty card that everyone stamping at my September classes this month got to make.  It has a vellum over lay on top of the stamped tree images.  It is just stunning in person.

How did I attach the vellum card stock here?

I just used glue dots on all 4 corners of the vevllum.  If you touch the vellum directly to the strip of glue dots & can leave the glue dot as the circle & flat (as they come) they show less on the adhesive when you go to press it down.  The vellum overlay is the exact same size at the Whisper White card stock above it.  
 
But attaching our new vellum DSP is another story.....it is thinner & no matter how I've tried attaching it- the ahdesive shows.  So you'd need to hide this if possible- like I did on the ORNAMENT CARD I post a few days ago- I put mini brads over the glue dots to help hide them.

 

stamp set:  'Wonderland' & 'Wetland' (words)
card stock:  Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Vellum
ink:  Mossy Meadow
other:  Big Shot, Softly Falling Snow Embossing Folder, Extra Large Oval Punch, Satin Crumb Cake ribbon, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

It is a fun fold door card too!  Isn't it just beautiful!!
++++++
It was a long day & a very late night last night.  I got groceries after the races & then had to put everything away when I got home.  I am just swamped & can't keep up!  I was behind before I left for Founders last week & now I am buried with piles & piles of work.  I have too many jobs.  And just because I wasn't here didn't mean that things just stopped & waited for me- nope they just kept piling up.  

I got some of my farm bookwork done late last night before I went to bed, and the rest of it will have to wait until next week.  I finally got caught up on all of our laundry from the past week & half of it is now put away.....the rest of it is folded & laying on the couch, waiting for me to get to it.  And I literally have stamps all over our house!  The UPS man has delivered lots of boxes this week that I need to get opened, sorted & delivered.  Plus I have project boxes from this months classes that still need to be all put away.  And I have projects for my upcoming classes that need to be created & cut.  Oh yeah.....and our wedding invites need to be created & cut & mailed out as soon as possible too. 

We are up early again today....Deke is off to chore & then he is gone again today for meetings in Ottumwa.  I am off to pick up the boys.  When they leave tonight I'll be headed out the door, as tonight I am a farmer....so it will be another late night working outside.  And somehow I have to get lots of stuff cut & things ready for my upcoming Halloween Treats Class.

Gotta run.....I hope you have a very special Thursday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-

SUSIE

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card!!! How did you adhere the vellum without the adhesive showing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie- if you read in my post above I have noted about how I attached the vellum.....this is what I said.....

    How did I attach the vellum card stock here?

    I just used glue dots on all 4 corners of the vevllum. If you touch the vellum directly to the strip of glue dots & can leave the glue dot as the circle & flat (as they come) they show less on the adhesive when you go to press it down. The vellum overlay is the exact same size at the Whisper White card stock above it.

    But attaching our new vellum DSP is another story.....it is thinner & no matter how I've tried attaching it- the ahdesive shows. So you'd need to hide this if possible- like I did on the ORNAMENT CARD I post a few days ago- I put mini brads over the glue dots to help hide them.

    ReplyDelete