Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A clean & simple card I made when in Kanab for Founder Circle!

This is a really sweet card that we made at Kanab at our Stampin' Up! Office when I was in Utah a couple of weeks ago for Founders Circle.  Isn't is pretty!  It is a very clean & simple card.  

Be sure you look closely at the base of this card.  We used the cool Color Me Irresistible Specialty Designer Paper on pg. 142.  It is Tip Top Taupe colored, but has an embossed (raised) woodgrain texture on it.  I never would have thought to stamp directly onto it & use it as a card base.  But let me tell you that it was easy to do & is a real wow to look at in person.

We also used the Color Me Irresistible Specialty Designer Paper with the Envelope Liner Thinlit & put it inside the envelope laying here so that they coordinated with the card.

stamp set:  'Watercolor Words'
card stock:  Very Vanilla
designer paper:  Color Me Irresistible Specialty
ink:  Night of Navy
other:  Big Shot, Envelope Liner, Medium Very Vanilla Envelope, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Linen Thread, Banner Triple Punch, Classy Designer button

++++++

We had a busy day yesterday......and enjoyed the beautiful weather outside.  Our son-in-law Steven got a new aircraft yesterday.  So last night he tried it out by flying it around on our farm.  If you'd like to check his video & see our farm/house- it is very cool!

Sarah started back to work yesterday.  So I made 3 pans of Taco Pie last night & sent home with all of our kids for them to bake & have for supper.  I told Sarah I'd send supper home with them all week to try to help her out.  I remember how hard it was to go back to work after having a new baby.  We are blessed that Masen gets to stay with his G'ma Julie on Mondays & then he'll be here with us the rest of the week.  
 
Last night I burnt the midnight oil working on projects for upcoming classes.  I have LOTS of stamping to get done this week!  I have 3 classes coming up this weekend.  I pray I get it all done! As this weekend is also the Southern Iowa Speedway Fall Challenge.  We'll be racing on Friday & Saturday nights.  This has been a huge family favorite event for us for years & years.....and there isn't any way I an miss out on going with my family. 

This morning I'm off early to go to Nathan & Sarah's to pick up Masen & Brayden.  We'll then head to Manda & Steven's home to get their 3 boys, take Brayden to school & then head back out to our farm.  Nathan & Amanda both have early meetings today & tomorrow. 

Tonight after the boys all leave I'll be burning the midnight oil stamping again!

I hope you have  TERRIFIC Tuesday!!
Happy Stamping!
hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment