Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2015

My 'Awesomely Artistic' collage card

OH my gosh.......when I saw this stamp set in the catalog I knew right away that I was going to have to have it to make a collage card with!  These dragonflies are so cute!  And this set it just prefect for making a collage with!

Collage cards are fun & easy to make.  Usually when I make a collage card I use various stamps that are masculine.  But this one is definitely not a masculine card.   It sure looks great using 2 of our new In Colors- Mint Macaron & Tip Top Taupe.
This is one of the cards that everyone stamping with me this week for my monthly classes will be making.  How fun it is to stamp! It was a favorite of many gals that made it at my class on Sunday!

Tonight I have a full house coming to stamp with me at our home & this is one of the cards they'll be making.  Guess I'll see how many gals tonight like this card. 

stamp set:  'Awesomely Artistic'
card stock:  Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe & Very Vanilla
ink:   Crumb Cake, Tip Top Taupe & Mint Macaron
supplies:  1 1/4" Burlap, Basic Pearls, Large Oval Punch, Washi Label Punch, Paper Snips, Bone Folder, Dimensionals & Glue Dots

Check out the texture I added to the Tip Top Taupe card stock on the bottom front of this card.  
How did I make it?
  • I ripped along the top edge, removing about 1/4-1/2" of if.
  • I  then just literally crimpled up this piece of card stock into a ball so that it had lots of creases in it.
  • I carefully unfolded it & smoothed it out with my fingers.
  • Using the Tip Top Taupe ink pad I light touched the ink pad directly to the card stock so that it would touch the crease I had just made- thus accenting them.
  • I then took my bone folder & smoothed the piece of card stock completely out.
It just gives the card a different look & was something fun that I learned to do when I first started stamping.  I would call this technique- direct to paper. 

++++++
It was another beautiful day outside yesterday & the boys & I sure enjoyed it!  They played & played.  There was a nice breeze & cooler temps.  It was my kind of a day forsure!

Last night we all went to the races.  It was a beautiful night to be sitting in the stands too!  Gosh- for August you couldn't ask for it to be any nicer outside.  Mother Nature is treating us good right now.  

Nathan didn't have the best of luck racing......as he had problems with his power steering belt coming off in his heat, so he had to pull in, thus missing the invert for the main.  He started the main in the 13th position & moved up to the 5th spot & then had to pull in again as he had problems with his belt.  The guys put his belt back on in the work area under a caution, so he got to go back out.  He had to start at the tail & move forward through the pack again.  He ended up finishing in the 10th or 11th spot I think.  So it was a disappointing night for all of us.  His car was fast & looked good.....he just had bad luck!  The late models were there too, so for that main I went to the pits & stood on the trailer with the guys to watch it.  It was a late night out!

I hope you have very special Thursday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment