Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

Happy Birthday to you......Steve!

Today is our son-in-law Steve's birthday!!  Here is the card that I whipped up for him, last night before I went to bed!  It is a clean & simple card- but I think it turned out super cute!   I hope he likes it!

I used the same birthday stamp set for Nathan's birthday card- see it here that I posted yesterday!  

This birthday stamp set is an awesome hostess set!  I love the combination of the script letters with the bold letters. 

stamp set:  'Happy Birthday, Everyone'
card stock:  Thick Whisper White, Basic Black
designer paper:  Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack (12x12)
ink:  Archival Basic Black
other:  Stapler, Dimensionals
++++++
Yesterday morning I worked on paperwork & things.  After lunch I went to Osky to get groceries.  When I got home from there I started canning tomatoes.  Deke helped me work on them when he got in from choring.  We got 40 quarts of tomatoes & 2 quarts of juice done!  And we burnt the midnight oil getting them all done.  I'd like to can 100 quarts total yet to get us through the winter......so I'm hoping I can get that many & get them canned yet in the next couple of weeks.

Manda, Steve & the boys stopped out for a few minutes last night.  And shortly after they left Nathan, Sarah & Masen stopped by too for a bit.  They sat & visited with us while we blanched, peeled & worked on canning our tomatoes.  

Deke is up early this morning to chore & then he is off to the office for a board meeting.  I'm off to pick up the boys.  We'll run a few errands this morning (recycle center, etc) & then head out home to spend our day together.  Brayden will ride the bus out here to the farm after school.  He & Masen will be going with G'ma & Papa (us) tonight to a picnic & meeting that Papa has for one of the boards he serves on & is the chairman of.  The meeting is in Fairfield at the Maasdam Barn.  I've never been there before, but I have heard how neat it is & I'm looking forward to finally getting to visit it.

You can click HERE if you'd like to find out more about the Maasdam Barn.

Gotta run......
I hope you have a MARVELOUS Monday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment