Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

A stained glass window leaf with 'Lighthearted Leaves'!

Check out this pretty stained glass card that I created.  It is another sneak peek!  I used a NEW Holiday Catalog set called- 'Lighthearted Leaves'.  This new leaf set does coordinate with the current Leaflets framelits on pg. 172 in the big catalog. 
Here is a close up photo of the leaf.  Isn't it pretty!  Don't you think it looks like a stained glass window?

Are you wondering how I created the stained glass windwo look?
  • I inked the leaf stamp into Crumb Cake ink.
  • I thumped onto the inked leaf using different colors of markers- Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip & Tangelo Twist
  • I breathed onto the inked leaf image & pressed it onto my 2 3/4 x 2 3/4" Very Vanilla card stock.
  • I colored the outside lined image around the leaf using the fat end tip of the Cajun Craze marker.
ALSO- be sure to check out the pretty new jewel in the center of the leaf.  It is also a NEW Holiday Catalog product called-  Iced Stone Embellishments.  They come in 2 different sizes.  This is the smaller size that I used here & measures 5/16". 

stamp set:  NEW 'Lighthearted Leaves' & NEW 'A Little Something'
card stock:  Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze & Very Vanilla
ink:  Crumb Cake & Cajun Craze
markers:  Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip, Tangelo Twist, Old Olive
other:  Big Shot, NEW Softly Falling Embossing Folder, NEW Iced Stone Embellishment, Dimensionals, Banner Triple Punch
++++++
Yesterday I spent my morning with the 3 boys.  Masen & Sarah were discharged from the hospital & they got home around noon, so I went to their home & helped do a few things for awhile.  I came back home & did a little stamping.  And then Deke & I went back into their home last night to help out some more.  

Deke is off to the office today for a meeting.  I hope to get lots of stamping done today.  I will go in to help Nathan & Sarah for awhile later too.  And of course that means I'll get to hold & spoil Masen some more too.  

I hope you have a MARVELOUS Monday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment