Pages

Friday, August 21, 2015

A cute acorn for fall!

Here is a cute card using a new stamp set & coordinating punch!!  What a fun fall card this is.  And I also used the Softly Falling Textured Embossing Folder again.  I just love the gradual placement of the dots on it, adding additional dimension to this card. 
stamp set: NEW 'Cheer All Year'
card stock:  Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake
ink:  Chocolate Chip
other:  Big Shot, NEW Softy Falling Textured Embossing Folder, NEW Acorn Builder Punch, Banner Triple Punch, Neutrals Candy Dots, Burlap Ribbon (shredded to give me just the threads), 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

You can see in this photo that I stamped the whole acorn image onto Very Vanilla card stock using Chocolate Chip ink.  I decided I didn't like the looks of it & wanted a different colored top to my  acorn.  So I stamped the top part of the acorn stamp onto a piece of Crumb Cake card stock & used the new Acorn Builder Punch top piece.  I then layered that onto my original punched out acorn.  This new Acorn Builder Punch has both of these punches (2) all on one punch.  It has the full acorn you can punch out & also just the top part of the acorn, which you can punch it out separately too.  Thus this gives you more options & possibilities with colors & layering!  Cool huh!

Also-  There is another stamp set in the New Holiday Catalog that also coordinates with the Acorn Builder Punch.  It is called- 'Acorny Thank You'.  It is set of 6 photopolymer stamps with more acorns & a few words in it.  So be watching for me to use this set sometime soon too.  
 ++++++
I had a fun day yesterday, but a busy one with the boys.  We enjoyed the beautiful weather & played outside some.  Nathan, Sarah & Masen stopped by to visit yesterday morning for a few minutes, so we enjoyed getting to see them.  Last night Deke worked late on the farm & I burnt the midnight oil stamping!
 
This morning we are up bright & early again to chore & Deke will be gone again today to another meeting.  I'll spend my day with the boys again.  We'll play outside (maybe this will wear them down & they'll take good afternoon naps). 
 
Tonight Nathan races in Columbus Junction.  My whole family (including Masen) will be headed there.  We will see how my day goes.  I want to go with them really bad, but I have a team meeting here at our home all day tomorrow & still have alot I have to get done & ready for that.
 
I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment