Friday, May 22, 2015

Another sneak peek!

On our trip we had a Share Fair for the demonstrators to attend.  This is a super cute banner that was shown.  I thought it was adorable!  And I hope to find time to make one similar sometime.  I can't even remember who the demonstrator was that made & shared this.....I'll update this information if I figure it out.

I will update this post with the supplies used sometime soon.  I have to look them all up.  I am sorry I am just too tired & don't have enough time to do it right now. 
We had a VERY full day yesterday!!  Steve Buehneman came with his track hoe & his bulldozer; Deke rented a skid loader with rubber tires that wouldn't go flat & between the 2 of them & with Deke's dad helping- they spent the whole day working on getting the burnt mess cleaned up!  I was amazed at their progress.  They were all filthy & covered in black soot.  We had a huge semi/trailer here to take away all of the debris.  Then they dug a big hole to push the rest of the partially burnt bales into & we're burning them all now (which may take a few days).  We also got a contractor hired & he'll start building the new hog shed sometime next week.  Deke will hopefully get the rest of the clean up finished over the long weekend.  But at least we feel & see some progress to our disaster. 

I took food up to the 3 guys working on the building clean up & the 3 that were in the shop too for their lunch.  The boys & I spent a good majority of our day up there hanging out & watching everything happening.  Thankfully the weather was perfect & it was a very nice day out.

The smell of burning bales is still heavy in the air here.....all of our clothes & everything stinks.  You sure couldn't leave your windows open- that if forsure.  I hope it clears up soon.....but the smell may not leave until we get a rain the next time- I don't know.

Brayden had a blast helping Papa chore & driving him around on the Scout.  He also rode his 4 wheeler for quite awhile too.  It was about 8:30 when we finally got in for supper, then showers, read his books & he went to bed.  I did dishes, laundry & then tired to stamp.  I struggled at first with my mojo, but I think I got a card figured out for my swap.  I have it all laying out & will re-evaluate it & put it together this morning before we go pick up the boys.

We'll take Brayden to school this morning & then head back out to the farm.  We have several errands to run this morning too- so hope that all goes well.

Nathan, Sarah & Mark went to Dennison last night to race.  He did great with a super close 3rd place finish.  Woo Hoo!  Tonight we'll be going to Donnellson if all goes as planned & race there.

I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!!
Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment