Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

'Balloon Bash' with photopolymer reverse image stamping!

Here is a super fun card that everyone made at my March classes & I just realized that I had forgotten to post it.  This is a cool technique that I learned at Stampin' Up! Leadership in January when I attended it. I don't know what the official name for it is but I am calling it "photopolymer reverse image stamping"!
Isn't it cool how the words have a shadow stamp over them?  And so how did I do that?  Well when you use any photopolymer stamp you can turn it over & use the solid image or the back side of it.  So that is what I did here.  Be sure to try it for yourself.  It is really neat & would work with many photopolmer stamp set images.


stamp set:  'Balloon Bash'
card stock:  Soft Suede, Pool Party & Whisper White
designer paper:  Best Year Ever (SAB product- not available now)
ink:  Soft Suede & Pool Party
other supplies:  Big Shot, Top Note Die, Dimensionals, Glue Dot, Crushed Curry Ribbon (Best Year Ever Assortment- SAB product-available still with the purchase of the Butterflies Basics Bundle!)

**How did I make the Soft Suede little dots on the Pool Party card stock?  I used a pencil eraser & ink.  

++++++
We had a super crazy, busy day yesterday!  But guess we survived... I was exhausted last night.  I burnt the midnight oil sorting through boxes of orders that I needed to get done that my UPS man had left here the past 2 days.  I had tons of other things too to do, but guess they'll still be here & I'll get them done when I can.  Deke worked in the fields all night & so didn't get much sleep.  Hopefully he will be done this week. 

The boys & I ran errands yesterday morning.  They were the main attraction at the ASCS Office & the City Hall!  When we got home they had a blast playing outside.  The weather was perfect!!  It was my kind of day!!  Wish we had many days that are just like it.  

Brayden did good at his soccer practice.  He then road in the tractor with Papa for awhile afterwards while I got them supper.  I took supper up to Deke to eat in the tractor & to Trevor (a friend of Nathan's that is like our other son) to eat in the shop.  We got Brayden's homework done & then Nathan & Sarah got home to pick him up.

This morning I'm off to Manda's to get the boys.  Nathan will drop Brayden off there & we'll take him to school.  Deke will be in the office this morning, so he got up early to get his chores done & headed to town.  

Tonight is race night in Osky......so I'll head over there to cheer on Nathan & our 52 team.  Deke is going to stay home & work in the field.  I'll burn the midnight oil when I get home working on getting things ready for my class I have here tomorrow night since I didn't get anything done last night.

Gotta run......I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment