Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A pull out "SWING CARD" using 'Sheltering Tree'!!

Here is a fun fold card using 'Sheltering Tree' stamp set.  This was one of my April monthly class cards.  There are ALOT of my favorite things used here. 

#1- I LOVE the 'Hardwood' background stamp.  It is so versatile.  I've used it on many, many cards....and you just can't go wrong any time you add it to a card.
#2- I LOVE the 'Sheltering Tree' stamp set.  I do wish it came in other choices- but is currently only available in Photopolymer.  And I hope that this stamp set carries over into the new Big Catalog.  Gosh.....what do you think?  I know that many of us have high hopes that it does.
#3- I LOVE fun folds!  I am always looking at different layouts for cards.  This is a super fun fold called a "swing card".  I've seen many different versions of this on different blogs & pinterest.  And of course I had to add a tab to mine to make it pull out!
Check it out opened up!  You just pull on the tab & it pulls out in an accordion fold style.  It is pretty cool!  This card is easy to create! Here are the measurements:
  • 8" x 5-1/4" Crumb Cake cardstock
  • 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Early Espresso cardstock
  • 3" x 3" Whisper White cardstock for front
  • 3-1/4" x 3-1/4" Early Espresso cardstock
  • 5" x 6" Whisper White cardstock, scored at 2" and 4" in an accordion fold
stamp set:  'Sheltering Tree' & 'Hardwood' background stamp
card stock:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi
ink:  Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi, Real Red
other supplies:  Big Shot, Square Framelits, Dimensionals, Note Tag Punch
+++
Oh my.....I was beat last night.  We loaded hogs yesterday morning & again last night.  And then I had the boys all day.  And Manda & I ran to the school's FFA Greenhouse sale at 4:00 & got some plants too in between.  By the time we got in, made supper, took our showers, picked up toys, did dishes, etc.- I was done & headed to bed by 11 (which is early for me.)

I'm off this morning to pick up the boys.  Deke was up bright & early to chore & he is heading to a meeting.  Tonight we'll go to Brayden's soccer game at 5:30 & then we're all off to the races!!  I am so excited that I get to go with my family tonight.  I've missed lots of races this year & I hate missing things.  I sure hope that Nathan & the #52 Wood Racing team has good luck! I hope we see him on the front stretch & get our picture taken! 

Gotta run......I'm wishing you a WONDERFUL Wednesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment