Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

A "faux silk" collage card......

Here is the card that I posted yesterday for you.  You can click HERE TO SEE THAT POST!

I promised today that I'd share details about this card, so here they are.
If you look closely in this photo I think you can see some of the details.  Notice the collage stamped roses & leaves?  After I stamped them I took a glue stick & put it all over the whole piece of this collage.  I then took a piece of tissue paper, crinkled it up, spread it out carefully &  laid it over the top of the collage- being sure to leave some of the crinkles in it.  This technique is called "Faux Silk" & it is one of the first techniques that I learned years ago.  

Look behind the butterfly.  Do you see that Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer other Butterflies Thinlit behind it?

NOTE:  The Pistachio Pudding & Crisp Cantaloupe card stock are both 2013-2015 In Colors that will be retiring & soon gone!

stamp set:  'Painted Petals' & 'And Many More'
card stock:  Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
ink:  Pistachio Pudding & Crisp Cantaloupe
supplies:  Big Shot, Butterflies Thinlit, Spring Flower Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Pistachio Pudding Baker's Twine, Glue Stick, Paper Snips
other:  Tissue Paper

Measurements-
  • Crisp Cantaloupe- 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" (for butterfly thinlit)
  • Pistachio Pudding- 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" (for card base); 4" x 2 1/2" (for layer piece)
  • Whisper White- 5" x 3 3/4" (for embossed piece on front); 5" x 3 3/4" (inside layer to stamp verse on); 3 3/4" x 2 1/2" (piece to stamp flower/leaves collage on); 5" x 5/8" (flagged banner with words on front)
  • Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper- 2" x 2 1/2"
  • Tissue Paper- 4" x 3"- trim off access after attached to the flower/leaves collage
++++
We had a great time at our stamp class yesterday!  It was wonderful to see everyone.  We missed 3 of our regular gals that have all had some health issue.  Hope they are back to join us soon (Judy, Joyce & Lana).  I enjoyed my day stamping with everyone.  It was especially good to see my friend/downline Terri that is home for a visit from Montana.  I'm so glad that she got to come visit & stamp with us while she is here. 

I got groceries & stopped at 2 friends homes on my way home last night after my class.  As soon as I home, I got the car unloaded & then headed to the field to ride with Deke in the tractor for awhile.  We hadn't seen much of each other all weekend, so I enjoyed our time catching up.

 
Deke worked out in the fields until the wee hours this morning trying to get as much done as he could be it rained.  He slept a few hours & was up early to chore & head to the office for his weekly board meeting.  I'm off to pick up my boys & spend the day with them.  Tonight I'm a farmer & will be helping Deke on the farm to sort pigs.  Then I'll be cutting card stock & getting stuff ready for my next class that I have this week on Thursday night. 
 
I hope you have a MARVELOUS Monday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment